Dinner's On Dustin!

6/16/2008 10:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dustin Hoffman joked he'd pay for anyone eating at West Hollywood's pricey Kumo Restaurant -- and now he's sticking to to his word, sorta.

The Rain Man agreed to foot the bill for the first 50 people who drop his name or order the "Dustin Hoffman Roll." Sorry, the restaurant is only in L.A., so anyone outside of Cali is SOL.

Watch the piece from TMZ TV and check local listings.

TheTruth

First, love you Meagan!!!

Ooooo Noooo!

What a waste. Why not do something positive with your time and money instead of promoting a stupid menu item named after an old movie star? So what is a "Dustin Hoffman," a really short rib that's been left out too long?

Who's an idiot?

Jennifer Aniston is pregnant with John Mayers baby. Congrats to the two :)

Whatever

Ok Post #3 what is up with all the posts about Jennifer Aniston. Do you know something the rest of the world doesn't????

I agree with Post #2.

Kelli

My favorite movie with him was "Kramer vs. Kramer."

Twinker

I was living in London when "HooK" was released and saw him at the premiere.

Joanne

Oh, darn.. I live in the OC and can't get down to LA. Darn...Don't be dis respectful to Dustin Hoffman. Didn't your parents teach you ANYTHING??? Dustin is an excellent actor with many, many, many memorable parts.. My fave? 'TOOTSIE'!!!! You go, Dustin!!! He is one of the very few that has been married to the same woman for a very long time.. One of the VERY FEW!!!!

Boulder Ballz

you can get the same sandwich at arby's for 3 bucks...

X Brittany Fan !

Remember your only Reting the garbage anyway!
I thought his 15 minutes were up many years ago...
Maybe they should name a dish after Hulk Hogan,
Call it Butt Face Burger!

angelobuono

shouldn't it be called
the "tootsie roll " ?

Linda

That's really cute. What a nice guy. He's promoting the business and at the same time making 50 people happy along the way because he's makin them feel special, and fortunate to stumble on the information at the right time. Hat's off to you my friend. I wonder if we all performed one random act of kindness a day, if the world would be a more enjoyable place to exist.

Rolling

Touche #11

timscool

Dustin is a HERO kinda guy, great random act of kindness - im gonna try n make it up to LA from the OC ~ and I 2nd the touche #11 - too funny ... he was great in many many films and is a great credit to the industry ~ one of my many favs of his was 'rainman' --- judge wapner ~ next..!
(how much time do i have left b4 fifty people have taken up his offer? any guesses?)

Ronda in st louis

Dustin looks great!!!

Khaj

Aw, c'mon, that's a pretty cool move on his part. When was the last time you heard of a Celebrity footin' the bill for 50 "random" people? Go Dustin!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments