Mayer Blames "Whiteness" for Hip-Hoplessness

7/8/2008 7:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Mayer has officially cauc-blocked himself from singing with one of his favorite bands -- as in he thinks he's too Caucasian to get down with The Roots!

Moments later, his dance moves reinforced his point.

LIFE IS LIFE

Never 1st.

cloe

I hate to sound rude but who writes some of these captions/summaries/etc? They barely ever make sense. They are painful to try to read/decipher sometimes. this one in particular isn't awful but sometimes they are just like "WHAT?". Just sayin'. Still love you guys. LOL

raechill

He is such a funny guy!

Rap sucks

rap and hip hop sucks A**!

Make It Right!!

Nope...I decided, he is way too cool to be with Jen long term...he needs a woman who opens him up to new worlds, not merely one who fans herself over his world! But hey, OK! Magazine has them all in love, getting married and having a baby already, so what do I know!!

the loser

he's so funny.... I love him... and the way he dances

Queen of the Damned

#7 - Sarah, I couldn't have said it any better! You must be an anthropology major. If not, you should be!

pauliev

HEY MR. FAIRFIELD.....DAVE MATTHEWS CALLED AND HE WANTS HIS ACT BACK.

POSSIBLY THE SINGLE MOST UNORIGINAL ACT EVER. THANKS FOR KEEPING THE WALGREENS OFF OF STRATFIELD RD. THOUGH BUT YOUR JUST SUCKS. I MEAN BORING, LAME, YAWN CITY. BUT YOU DO GET THE GIRLS WHICH IS COOL IT'S JUST TOO BAD YOUR MUSIC SUCKS. AT THE VERY LEAST YOU COULD HAVE CHOSEN TO PLAY ROCK MUSIC BUT INSTEAD YOU JUST COPIED DMB AND PEOPLE BOUGHT. GOOD FOR YOU. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE WALGREENS THING.

Lenn K.

John, You are so damn GOOD-LOOKING and talented....Yes, you can sing like roots. just be like the KING ELVIS PRESLEY and set the stage....Elvis was good-looking and talented, just like you, and he was different like no other, you can be too....

pauliev

SARAH, SARAH, SARAH.....PLEASE HELP ME....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...IF ONE SET OF MY GRANDPARENTS ARE FROM IRELAND (OFF THE BOAT) AND ONE SET OF GRANDPARENTS ARE BELGIAN (OFF THE BOAT) DOES THAT MAKE ME WHITE OR BLACK? I AM WICKED CONFUSED BY YOUR DIATRIBE. PLEASE HELP ME. I THOUGHT I WAS WHITE BUT WITH THE EXAMPLE ABOVE CAN YOU EXPLAIN AND HELP ME? I ALWAYS THOUGHT I WAS HALF MICK IRISH AND HALF STELLA BELGIAN (FLEMISH NOT FRENCH THANK YOU). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME I AM NOT HALF BLACK. OH MAN I AM SCARED.....

ellamay

oh Sarah (and what kind of name is Sarah? Black?) mee tooo... am I black or white? My Mama's folks, folks, folks...
hail from Norway. My Pop's folks and their folks and so on hail from
Lithuania and Poland respectively, besides being a mutt of first rate
folk does this make me a bi racial jewish white girl? I did notice a
bit of pink in my cheeks the other day when I imagined John Mayer
naked.

cb

all civilization started in Africa...

Jen

John Mayer performed with the drummer from The Roots on Dave Chapelle's show on Comedy Central (want to say 2nd season; episode where Dave Chapelle goes around and plays different kinds of music to different cultures to gain their reactions and prove what cultures like what music) - HILARIOUS. I don't think John has anything to worry about - he's a super talented guy with a good sense of humor - lighten up people!

love them

for a white boy he's got soul, and rhythm, he's got moves, he can dance, I've seen him dance on his cruise ship, i love his music, he some times hangs with the brothers and he fits right in. that's how i started to notice him and his music. he's great.

Make It Right!!

and what exactly is the point to your diatribe Sarah...except to announce to the entire world that you are a complete and utter RACSICT! Please, post your picture so we can see the face of hatred and stop hiding your hateful self behind a computer keyboard!! I myself am so white that i am transparent and I sure wish I had something else in me cuz growing up in Southern California as a teenager and NOT being able to get a tan really sucks the big one!! How great it would be to have darker skin that you never had to worry about whether you are tan enough to wear a bathing suit, shorts or a skirt!! Fashion was made for tan skin tones...not for us whiteys!! And yes, we all come from Africa!! So we are all BLACK...only some of us lost our pigmentation...and that sucks.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments