House Staff Represents for Lunch Lady

7/24/2008 8:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A giant boycott is scheduled to go down next Tuesday in Washington, D.C. Rising gas prices? Nope. Iraq war? Nah. A woman named Little Doris? Ding, ding.

Turns out Doris is a beloved member of the cafeteria staff at the Longworth House Office Building. According to an email circulating among House staffers, Doris was suspended without pay for being $9 short on her register. The government loses billions all the time and she's being jacked up for losing $9!

So the staffers are looking to boycott all the cafeterias run by Restaurant Associates to show their support for Doris.

Now about those taxes ...

SuzieQ

Are you kidding me? Those people have no shame. I know they have rules so why not just let me pay it back on her next check? If the woman was going to steal she would have stolen a lot more than that

(amber dawn)

I support Doris. This is ridiculous

tami

image they spend a 100.000 on a tolet , pleezeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesombody stop them

That Guy

Reminds me of all the government loans I have taken out.
Until and only IF they can find me a good paying job or I
somehow find one in this rotten economy then they won't
get a thin dime back from me. They can afford it!

dana

This is just stupid. I think we should start a fund for her!

kccody

I hope they do it and the boycott works. Reading things like this restores my faith in people. I would boycott too if I lived in DC,

**its me**

I think its amazing if everyone keeps their word!! SORRY this happened to you, Doris! STICK TO THE MAN! :)

kate in nw

Anyone who believes this story on the face of it is so stupid they should work for the government. They probably
believed Al Gore about the school that did not have enough money to buy chairs so a student was required to stand.
Clearly she was NOT fired for being short $9.00.

kate in nw

Clearly she was NOT fired for being short $9.00.

Twinker

Hair nets are expensive.

Gotta love the Senate Bean Soup.

Go Doris!

RS

I would like to find out the NARROW MINDED PIN HEAD that suspended Doris.

Who Cares

What they're probably not telling us is that she's been short before and this is not her first time hence why they're are suspending her.

CLN N SBR

For one time TMZ GO TOTAL national with this. LETS SUPPORT HER CAUSE!!!

The Work Place Sucks!

It's like that in all business, especially out here, passing the buck. The regular working man is alway's doomed, cause they blame y ou for everything, I have a boss who tell's you one thing then they say "I didn't say that", it's crazyyyyy.

The Work Place Sucks!

WE HAVE POLITICIANS THAT WRITE BAD CHECKS AND TAKE OUR MONEY LIKE CRAZY, THE REAL CROOKS, BUT YET THEY ARE GOING TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT A MEESLEY 9 DOLLARS. OUR WORLD IS GOING INSANE.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments