Shawn Johnson -- The Worm Turns

8/23/2008 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So you raged at us after we saw a certain similarity between Shawn and Topo Gigio.
Launch emails
We posted some of your vitriolic emails, and then, suddenly, the tide turned! You saw our point.

So which is it? Were we heinous, or do we have a point?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

TMZ Fraternity

This girl is a sluttly lill rat face..hahaha

Kelli

Give kids a break TMZ! It is funny though..

elo

Funny but please TMZ.....This baby does not deserve this.......Use your mainstream celebrities.

First?

local

SNL backed off Chelsey Clinton until she was of legal age, Britons backed off the royal kids until they were of legal age, but leave it to TMZ in the good ol US of A to bash one of their own underaged gold medal olympians. If you want me to say - Good for you - it was funny, you'll have to wait until.............mmm......never! Simply a classless act.

jeezlouise

you will vote for Obama if:

1.You are weak minded
2. You are looking for a savior to make it all better
3. You heard on TV that he was popular
4. You watch infomercials and buy whatever they sell
5. You are a racist
6. You are uneducated
7. You want free stuff, money and welfare
8.You want to lose the war to end the war.
9.You hate America
10. You are not informed.
Just say Nobama unless you want to live in a country that panders, and apologizes to terrorists and enemies.

Posted at 12:19PM on Aug 23rd 2008 by Make the right choice

John

After YOU saw a similarity? That's not what Will Lee said on TMZ TV a few days ago... give the reader who submitted the idea some credit, you douche bags!

Josh Best

Wow still trying to save your reputation (do you have one worth saving?). Beat this to the ground, I dont think any tide has turned you guys still are tackless and tasteless.

John

Gawker was right in their article recently about Harvey Levin driving
TMZ into the ground. A story about Shawn Johnson and Topo Gigio?
Seriously guys?

No wonder Gillian and Alan have both departed. Look at the crap you
report on... but I guess Harvey is set in his editorial ways, which
in turn is producing low staff morale. So sad. TMZ had a lot of
potential.

According to Alexa, your website traffic is in the gutter too... way
down from a few months ago.

AOL should sell off this entity while it still can. What really hurt
you guys was the debut of TMZ TV in Sept. '07... that was a big mistake.

Leslie

Topo Gigio is an adorable little mouse. I loved him when I was a kid. Are there are videos of him around? Then people would see just how adorable that little mouse character is. The problem, I think, was in calling cute little Topo a rat, which he's not. That made it sound like it was meant as an insult and what I think caused the uproar in the first place. I don't think it's funny. The word I'd have used was a "cute" comparison.

e

Shawn Johnson is ADORABLE and so is the cute little mouse :)

local

To everyone sticking up for the mouse.......remember.....TMZ called it a "RAT"!?!?!

sheri

Geez people, lighten up. TMZ meant no dis-respect. They're just having fun!
I'm sure Shawn wasn't offended by it. Besides, Topo Gigio is cute, so is she.
I LOVE TMZ, you guys rock!

Kay

I'm Kay, but I'm not the loud-mouth Kay TMZ showed in the emails. I think Shawn is amazing, cute, and a terrific rep for the USA. Topo is cute and happy, too. What's the problem? I think TMZ should ask Shawn for a comment on this one.

dish

why pick on kids, aren't there many celebs you can pick on. There shoulders can hold more. Hey how about pics of yourselves and animals you look like. That would be funny.

Overt

Wow, you guys are really milking this one aren't you? Quiet weekend for stalking?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments