Barbie to Bratz: Pay Me, Bitch!

8/26/2008 6:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Somebody call Ken because he's getting lucky tonight! A Federal jury has just awarded Mattel Inc. -- the manufacturer of Barbie -- $40 million in a copyright case against maker of Bratz dolls.

The Bratz dolls are designed by a former employee of Mattel, and a jury has decided that the designer came up with the Bratz idea while he was still working for Mattel. But Bratz shouldn't smear too much mascara over the money loss -- according to some estimates, Bratz brings in about $500 mil a year.

roxxi

I was on team BRATZ if you care.

efnsteve

Thay Harv, remember latht night? I do, and you were thenthathional

Janet

I hope Matell donated the ENTIRE 40-million on food and shelter for children that don't have anything. . . . and I hope they throw in free dolls for the holidays to!

Mrs. Harvey Levin

Bratz are the "trailer park" version of Barbie anyway!

Tired

They were awarded $100,000,000.00, not $40,000,000.00 - far less than the $2,000,000,000.00 sought after.

Britney's Lawyer

Barbie gave those bi*tches Yasmin, Jade, Cloe and Sasha a beat down. Barbie didn't get the $2 billion she was asking, I'm sure she'll appeal!

Jennie1206

Barbie is just jealous that the Bratz are selling more. Barbie Stop Hating. :-)

kjlone

I was on team BRATZ from day one!

It is too bad that the creator had to LEAVE Mattel to get these dolls made in the first place. We really do not OWN our ideas or creations in today's world. I am glad someone finally gave Barbie some competition, I like BOTH dolls but the look of the BRATZ is much more in tune with the times. I knew these would be BIG when I first saw them several years ago!!!!

rachel

Wow, That will hardly cover the lawyers' bills. Was it worth it?