Duchovny -- So That's What the X Stands For

8/29/2008 7:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Duchovny has had just a little too much Californication.

The actor says he's entered rehab for sex addiction. "I have voluntarily entered a facility for the treatment of sex addiction. I ask for respect and privacy for my wife and children as we deal with this situation as a family," he says in a statement.

Duchovny is married to actress Tea Leoni, and the couple has two children.

Karen

If he wants people to respect his family's privacy, why did he announce to the world that he had a sex addiction anyway? Sheesh!

Kay

What kind of sex? The hairy-palm kind? Groupies? Hookers? Gays? Transvestites? Rubber chickens?

Come on, TMZ, give us the goods!

johnnyradd19

Sweet Douche-covny not that Tea's not hot man,but coming out like that is awesome.Good job son!

deb

Are you kidding me!!!! Never saw that coming lol. he is so .private im surprised he said anything. we probably would have never known.

Courage

Sex addiction? Puh-lease. That's what they all say when they're caught cheating.

softwareguru

He can feed his addiction with me anytime!

perky

Well TMZ you can't win them all. CNN and People.com both scooped you big time on this one!

your mother

If I was married to Tea Leoni, I'd be addicted to sex too.

midge

Hey I've got him on my top 10 list at the TMZ StarvsStar game..I should win a lot of points for that one!

john wayne gacy

just goes to show you that a little home brood tea and

crumpets in the morning isn't very satisfying after all;

Knock It Off

Do we really need to hear about it? If you want to protect yourself and your family. Don't shoot your mouth OFF.

Metoo

Sex addiction is not a disease - it is the result of someone that doesn't care to say 'no' when the opportunity presents itself - and isn't able to put their family's needs and feelings above their own. When they get caught, they tie it up all neat with a bow and say 'forgive me, I'm a sex addict'. Oh Please! I've yet to know of anyone that sought out help before they got caught. He's married and he acted like a pig - but what about every woman that stands around with her hand up begging to be next? They are all a bunch of sick perverts. His wife should kick his sex addicted butt to the curb.

Tony

Send David to my place. I'll give him more than he can handle 24/7. I'll leave him smiling and too weak to walk!

jess

WTF? Why would anybody in their right mind release this statement to the press? The celebrities are always crying that they want their privacy. This is either a publicity stunt or someone got caught cheating, which will most likely be in the Enquirer, so he thought he'd use this lame cop-out excuse before it hit the stands. Hopefully his wife won't buy in to this pathetic "sex addiction" excuse and move on.

Baseball Junkie

dot e, eating food is a normal activity but there are people who get addicted to it and cannot stop eating even when they know it's not good for them. Very often an addiction is an attempt to fill an emotional gap a person has in their life. People do something which makes them feel good. In the case of sex or food addiction, afterwards they feel guilty so they do it again to get back to feeling good again. Yes, they are different from drug, alcohol and nicotine addiction because in chemical addictions there is the added factor of physical need. But they all start from an emotional need which needs to be addressed as well as the chemical one.

Go Sex