Kat DeLuna Enters Roseanne Hall of Fame

9/16/2008 9:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The only person who can sing the "Star Spangled Banner" like Whitney Houston is Whitney Houston -- and Kat DeLuna is no Whitney.

Katie

Wow...if she had just stuck to the singing and not tried to showboat...it may not have been so bad. My ears hurt.

2039 days ago

walla walla wife's a b*tch

She sounded like she was using the dumpa.

totoafrica

I WOULD RATHER HEAR ROSEANNE BARR FART THE NATIONAL ANTHEM, THAN HEAR THIS AGAIN

Helen Rainier

WHO is Kat de Luna? Never heard of her.

good grief

That sounded like a howling dog choking...That was horrible!

me

Americans are the only people in the world who will boo their own national anthem.

JEFF

sucked. why do they always try to turn it into some cheap pop song by trying to hit every possible note a human can hit?

Carolyn A-B

The hand gestures were not appropriate. We didn't need to hear her running the scales. #5 is correct: Had she just sung the song properly it would've been okay. Her voice is not the problem, it's the inappropriate divatude and grandstanding.

Annie T

If you can't hit the notes, you can't disguise it with pointing and wiggling.

Mandy

I heard the awful sound while making dinner in the kitchen, I asked my husband WTF IS THAT!? So I stopped what I was doing to go see who was murdering the National Anthem! It was horrid!!!

The comment above saying we are the only country who will boo our Anthem, its not the Anthem its the person. The song does not need to be jazzed up and show every single note you can sing unless you are Whitney Houston or Christina Aquilera, I mean seriously not many people can use their voice like that and make it sound good. Im sad that she even did that, heck I don't even know who she is but she killed it!

Shirley

Our country's natioal anthem was written during a time of war and should be sung with respect and reflection. This young lady has a wonderful voice, but the types of hand gestures and over the top runs does not belong with a performance of this song.

Jennifa O Jenny

What sucked about it, for the most part, were the hand gestures and the pretentious way she carried herself. And the vocal riffs didn't even make sense - she was just trying to do vocal gymnastics for the sake of doing them. It took away from the song. This girl has a good singing voice, she just has some growing up to do and also needs pointers on stage presence.

Golden Gate

It was an absolute disgrace.

Big Bear

Kat is a good name for her!! Sounded like a kat in heat!!! What a horrible sound and was she having some sort of intestinal spasm??

Annie Nonymous

Finally there's a backlash on melismatic singing!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments