McCain Swings at Barack Over Lindsay

9/17/2008 2:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John McCainJohn McCain has weighed in over Barack Obama's reported slap in the face to Lindsay Lohan. The Chicago Sun-Times quotes an unnamed high-level Barack source who says they rejected Lohan's offer to host an event because she "is not exactly the kind of high-profile star who would be a positive for us."

Tucker Bounds, a spokesman for the McCain campaign tells TMZ, "So let me get this straight -- they turned away Lindsay Lohan, but Barack Obama has friends like unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers and convicted felon Tony Rezko? Maybe LiLo is just too upstanding for Barack Obama."

UPDATE: Tommy Vietor, Obama's spokesperson, just told TMZ, "Glad to see they're focused on the important issues over in McCain HQ."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

rico

Swing...and a miss!!! Too bad, so sad. McCain needs a retirement home, not the White House. Toodles.

h20

Obama is a snobbama!

pc

Just goes to show you the true face of Barack "will never win" Obama.

Get Over Yourselves

That's REAL mature.

oh brother

I wouldn't want Lindsey either!

Brenda Heck is a white Obama supporter

McCain is such a greaseball.

Cheese925

Are you kidding me? Why would Obama want Lindsey of all people to host a fundraiser? I bet if she wanted to do a fundraiser for him she would have said the same thing.

Cam

Um, McCain has friends like John Hagee "Hagee has voiced extreme anti-Catholic, anti-Jewish and anti-homosexual views. In a September 2006 interview on National Public Radio, Hagee reaffirmed his view that Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment against New Orleans for hosting a homosexual parade. Hagee has also said that the Jews brought the Holocaust upon themselves by "turning away from the true God." He referred to Catholicism as a "false cult," and said the religion contributed to Hitler's anti-semitic views. When Hagee endorsed him, McCain said he was "proud" to have the pastor's support." So if I was McCain I'd be VERY careful about throwing stones when I lived in such a rickity glass house.

disturbed

I'm so sick of this old fart....

ShelleyGio

How many fundraisers does Obama need? If the candidates are so worried about the economy, wouldn't it be wise and helpful to take all hundred of millions of dollars in contributions from fundraisers and give them to the government, instead of all the silly commercials?

V

HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Go McCain!!!!

Atlanta

Mc Cain should focus on the dirty lobbiest he keeps as his close pal. John Munger and his brother have profitted at the expense of every taxpayer in Arizona. Perhaps Cindy should discuss her theft ofprescription medication from her charities and the subsequent rehab she attended. Model American....I think not.

Tyson

Tell Tucker Bounds I said he is a Moron, and since McCain sent someone with the name Tucker to represent him I don't respect him. Vice Versa because you support McCain and his utter nonsense including inventing the blackberry I think you are a Moron.

Thanks
The undersigned

Jackson

Oh my god. John McCain needs to get a life.

yvetterene

Apparently, nothing else needs to be said because Devon hit the nail on the head. Let's hear it for Devon!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments