Wally World

10/12/2008 5:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tony Dow played Wally Cleaver on the classic TV series "Leave it to Beaver."
Tony Dow
In the '70s and '80s, Dow re-teamed with his "Beaver" co-star Jerry Mathers and performed in dinner theaters.

In the '90s, Dow revealed he had bipolar disorder.

COMMENTS

zman

first...and looks like last

two cents

This one was an easy one!! I usually never get these but if it weren't for the grey hair, he still looks almost the exact same. Gee Wally... Well done. He fared a lot better throughout life in the looks department than Beaver. LOL! Awww, the crush I had on him, so cute. Good times. Gee, TMZ. Thanks.

robbino vaughnarooski

I didn't know bi-polar was a synonym for likes it in the keester.

lookin

My Gawd even an old fart like myself could clearly see that was Wally from Leave it to Beaver!
He looks great.
Basically the same!

LongJohn69

Wally & the Beave doing dinner theatre? I wonder what that consists of? Anyway....I'm glad they are still around. Oh for them good old days!

Eva

He was cute back then as I had a crush on him whenenver I watched this show! He aged well compared to other actors in his decade.

Katherine

I continue to watch re-runs of "Leave/Beaver" - thank you TMZ for sharing the legacy of T. Dow.

jc

He was always handsome. He looks a little bit older than 63. Maybe that's not a good picture of him.

RAYDJ1

Tony did a lot of working behind the camera: writing, directing & producing for years and is now pretty much out of the business. He's semi-retired and doing some building contracting. One of the true gentlemen of Hollywood, a really nice guy!

Ray

CTD

Bi-Polar???? You guys should get your facts straight before publishing. That's how you lose credibility. He's never had a Bi-Polar disorder.

Bread On The Waters

I am not a West Coaster, so for sure I would have no info to corroborate the submission of commentor Number 3 ("Robbino". He seems to have a difficulty with the proper uses of his own God given orifices, What is froffering from the one should be from the other! Why in the world besmirch someone in the public domain that way, with no obvious gain whatever to or for anybody and yet to possibly cause some grave damage. For What? Dow appears now to be the pleasant natured person as he always then appeared those now so many years ago. As for youself Mr. Robbino, for the first time in my life, I urge you to get a Life, and hopefully a better on than you are now showing. Stop being a Horse's Ass! Peace, Gerald.

Qknowsbest

Too bad people who make up "the public", such as robbino vaughnarooski commenter #3, are allowed to post their "thoughts" on websites like these. What a silly, stupid, ridiculous comment. Tony Dow is not gay. He was a TV icon of the 50s and 60s, and very talented. He's also straight. Poor, stupid robbino vaughnarooski, poor thing, get a life honey, you're not funny. Also - are you old enough to be on this website???

Lena

Tony Dow is NOT bi-polar. He does have clinical depression, which he is open about. GAY? ROTFLOL! "robbino" you are an idiot. Tony is straight. TMZ should check facts from somewhere other than Wikipedia before publishing.

Weenie

I am hoping Tony sees this note to read how very excited I was to chat with him briefly in the dog park last week. He was leaving the park with his incredible sheep dog when the dog stopped to sniff my hound puppy. I was too tongue-tied to say much because I had a crush on him in the 50's, so I pretended not to recognize who he was. Plus, I figure he gets sick of being oogled. But what a nice man he is...and just as handsome as ever.