McCain Backer Attacked, Mutilated in Pittsburgh

10/23/2008 7:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ashley ToddHere's what went down with the McCain/Palin supporter who was allegedly attacked in Pennsylvania last night.

According to Pittsburgh cops, around 9:30 PM last night, Ashley Todd was robbed after she went to the ATM. The victim says during the robbery, the assailant saw the McCain/Palin sticker on her car and became "enraged." He struck her and knocked her down, and allegedly carved a "B" on her cheek.

The assailant is still at large. Police tell us all they have is a description -- a man, 6'4", with dark skin and dark clothes.

A McCain spokesman confirmed to TMZ Todd volunteered in McCain's Pennsylvania office.

UPDATE: Anthony Pugliese, Pennsylvania state chair of the College Republican National Committee (of which Todd is a member), tells TMZ, Todd is "shaken up" but is doing OK. Prior to the attack, Todd was doing phone banking at one of the McCain offices.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Wahoo

First!!!

Mr. A

The shape of things to come?

jo ann

Bully liberals again!

lulu

Change you can believe in...if not we'll cut you.

Tired of Idiots

That is TERRIBLE. I hope that she will be ok.

bkbh

This is just terrible. If people go to youtube and look at Obama's ties to his cousin Odinga in Kenya. He helped him run for President with Change signs. People were killed when he lost..They will see the violence to come. Please vote for McCain. At least the USA will be safe.

DonQz

That is absolutly disgusting! Am i surprised though...not really....

tomcat

This is turning into the f-in Civil War II. And both sides are doing bad things, no one side is 'God's side'

Me

This sounds like a really ridiculous story. Another Joe the Plumber lie.

cs

with 2 weeks to go and mcbush desperate as ever..mcbushs people will do anything to try and make obama look bad, even carving things into their own face and making up stories about robberies.

Kate

OMG I hope she's ok. There are so many nuts out there. Yesterday I put my new BO bumper sticker on my car and on the way home from picking up my kids at schook, a full size truck tried to run me off the road.

let's save the world

YEAP!!! for some reason I am not surprised...and this is nothing comparing to what's coming from the Muslims if Obama wins

Sarah

This is awful! Don't blame one party though, this was an act of a lunatic.

Jonathan

I think this story is full of it!
Racism, ignorance is what you supply. Your polls concerning politics always leans to the right.
Shame on you TMZ. McCain is losing the election.
I can see that you will be willing to do anything not to have your Taxes raised.
Your Taxes will be raised, making you pay your fair share.

Barfalufugus

I can't wait until this election is over and people start to calm the f#ck down.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments