The Return of Opie, Sheriff Andy and The Fonz

10/23/2008 12:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Would you be willing to shave your beard and dress up like an eight-year-old for your presidential candidate of choice? Ron Howard is.
Play video
Howard, Andy Griffith and Henry Winkler are so committed to Barack Obama, they are willing to embarrass themselves the best way they know -- by invoking their famous TV characters of yore on FunnyOrDie.com.

Lizzie

I see a trend here....bored, ignorant posts by the same people over and over on different discussions on the TMZ site selling the same hate and fear as their over-the-hill leader McCain. Wake up people! He's NOT the same man he was two months ago; merely a burned out shell.

Tangie

Long Memory

Very cute! Brings back good memories about watching those shows. For you McCain supporters, it's totally ok to disagree but please don't take it to the level of hate. Many of us felt the exact same way about George Bush in 2000 & 2004 as you may about Obama. Ok, so it turns out our fears back then were justified. Regardless, just remember to vote!

Adrienne

17. Dear Adrienne, I think Kelly proved how stupid she is. I think you proved how stupid you are. Your retorts make no sense to anybody but you, dearie. Your not quite as smart as you think you are. Go get a job so I can stop paying for your welfare check.

Posted at 12:56PM on Oct 23rd 2008 by Kelli
------------------------------------
Thanks Kelli, from you that's quite a compliment

However, I am assuming most people did in fact understand what I wrote, and that makes your post look offensive filled with the typical hate filled bs

Jodi

That was cute, but the better video is Hayden's - it's actually kind of shocking, but she makes some very good points. She just earned a little more respect from me. No, I'm not just following the herd, as some (and I say SOME) McCain supporters say. I have researched more and learned WAY more about politics and procedures within the election process this year than ever before. I feel that being informed is very crucial when selecting the person to help lead this great country of ours. Through all that I have learned, I have found that my vote will go to Obama. It's just a simple fact that I prefer him over McCain - it doesn't make me wrong or stupid.

Maddy

What amazes me is why these celebrites think their support for a candidate will influence someone's vote. The aftermath of this election will be felt for years due to the biased media reporting, hate bloggers, lies and accusations of racism from the left. I'm a registered Democrat who is ashamed of my party.

Blah

I love how all of these celebrities are for Obama. They don't care if their taxes skyrocket because they don't need to worry about money. Well my taxes are really high, I can barely keep my house! Screw you celebrities!! Just keep acting and shut your freakin traps!!

MARSHA

VOTE FOR MCCAIN YOU WON'T BE SORRY-------celebrities--- SHUT UP WE CAN'T HEAR A DAMN THING YOUR SAYING
PLEASE VOTE FOR MCCAIN

Autodidact

If people really want change, then why are we settling for republican or democrat? There are six candidates, not two. And if you read what each candidate stands for, and you really want change, then you would vote for Nader. Obama has some nice speeches, but has no plan of action, Nader does.

Mik

Jump the shark boys!

Brendolyn

Aw, that was cute and it brought back some warm and fuzzy memories . Good times. Nice to see Andy looking so good too. Ron Howard will always be known as Opie and Richie Cunningham. There's one child actor who kept it together and grew up okay, so that shows it can be done.

Barfalufugus

I didn't know Howdy Doody was able to grow facial hair!! Thanks TMZ, you teach so many people so many new things every day (insert sarcastic eye roll here).

my name is bindy not bindi

VOTE MC CAIN / PALIN the winning ticket...

opie i am ashamed of you.... voting for obama ... what would Aunt Bea say? for shame opie....

Aunt Bea Says " Vote Mc Cain / Palin "

superman

Man he got old. All that success and money, you think he would take better care of himself.

bkbh

Ron Howard, If you are a great producer, why don't you do a film about Obama going to Kenya and helping his cousin Odinga run for President with Change signs and then when he loses. Christains, women and children are killed and churches are burnt. Oh wait , you don't have to you can just go to Youtube and watch everything like that about Obama

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments