She's Like Arnold... With Underwear

12/1/2008 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Move over Kyra Sedgwick, there's a new closer in town.

Sarah Palin, the Britney Spears of politics, has been recruited to help campaign in the Georgia Senate runoff between Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss and Jim Martin.

The red elephants are looking to bank on Palin's pop star appeal to rally the low number of voters who turn out for these runoffs. The Governator of Caleeefornia used to be the go to guy....we're guessing flying commando may have made it problematical in Georgia.

Palin will hit four spots today in the Peach State -- but don't worry, no turkeys will be harmed in the process.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

What goes around will come around, Harvey

TMZ deleted an earlier statement of mine in which I pointed out that the Arnold that Sarah Palin is like is Benedict Arnold, because she puts her own personal ambition ahead of the United States. As Governor of Alaska, she publicly gave her support to the Alaskan Independence party, which is a group who is in favor of Alaska leaving the United States.

I posted a link to a video of Governor Palin's speech supporting this Alaskan Independence party, and I guess that TMZ deleted my message because of the presence of this link. So I'm now leaving out the link and I'm just going to tell you how to find the video yourself..

Go to google
Enter this search term (with the double quotes).. "Sarah Palin" AIP video
Go to this link, which should be near the top of the page that comes up.. "YouTube - Sarah Palin and the Alaska Independence Party. Palin ..."

2087 days ago

who has the facts? ME

While I certainly don't wish suffering or death on anyone, ark gets kudos from me for not defending Britney.
Not much of a fan, don't really get the hype...

2087 days ago

who has the facts? ME

To #107 - I too know about Sarah, and especially Todd Palin's link to the AIP...We need to post a few quotes from the founder, good old Joe Vogler. Read up on him and you wonder just which candidate was "palling around" with domestic terrorists in the past few years...

2087 days ago

kan

Well, . (if I wrote that in cap letters would it be : ?) I have not read anything here (or anywhere) that Obama allegedly murdered his grandmother, which is an outrageous, demented assertion. I would have had a lot to say about that commenter more so than the slander itself. The terrorist remark is absurd and frequently used by one-time, hit and run posters. I won't comment on most of those because there's too many, but if someone were posting it repeatedly trying to sell it as a truth, I'd be all over it. And again, the thinking behind it more so then the obvious false assertion itself.

As for Britney???!!! - I don't care about her, her fans or her detractors. It seems most of the comments are from kids trying to be funny mixed with hardcore worshipers. I do get amused by some of the more ironic or self-defeating comments. Examples: "I love Britney" - me, no comment. "I hate Britney" - me, no comment. "I hate people who hate" - me, "we need to talk". If it seems like I defend her detractors, it might be because her supporters say wackier things. Don't know, don't care.

Walle, you do take things literally - The Sunday comment by Idaho was an analogy. Enjoy the concert.

2087 days ago

What goes around will come around, Harvey

To ark: Okay. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and provisionally take you at your word.

Yeah, you can capitalize my handle as "?" if you want. :)

2087 days ago

who has the facts? ME

ark - of couse I knew it was an analogy...but you have to admit(unless you ARE the potato) that it was a pretty senseless one that didn't make much sense.
BTW - the concert joke was made BEFORE I knew you didn't worship and adore Britney, did ya get that one??

2087 days ago