Macaulay's Sister Dies

12/11/2008 12:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has obtained an official statement from Macaulay's rep. "We can officially confirm that the victim is Dakota Culkin. This is a terrible tragic accident. We have no further comment at this time."

We've learned Macaulay Culkin's sister died yesterday after being struck by a car.

Law enforcement sources tell us Dakota Culkin was walking on the west side of Los Angeles Tuesday when she stepped off a curb and was struck by a car. The 29-year-old Culkin was taken to the UCLA Medical Center where she died of her injuries yesterday afternoon.

So far no arrests have been made. The case is under investigation by LAPD.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Mad World

R.I.P. Prayers are with the Culkin Family

Skrilla

Wow That sucks!

Me

Oh my, how sad, especially right before Christmas.

My deepest sympathies to their family.

Mad World

Roger C that was not even funny and it was in extremely poor taste I would appreciate if TMZ removed your post.
It is sad when anyone loses a family member. These people have never done anything to anyone. You had no right to say such a thing when a family is dealing with such a horrible loss. No none of them may never see your horrible comment but one of their friends or family members might show some respect you SOB!!!!

Jennifer

That is such sad news in a week that has been full of sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Macaulay family.

Roger C, you are a jerk! I hope that karma comes and bites you hard and fast. You never make jokes when it comes to the death of a family member, it doesn't matter what your feelings are towards the person.

karl anglin

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Culkin family
at this very difficult time.

caligirl

Terrible.... Deepest sympathies to the Culkins.

not a dumbass

mad world -- your self righteousness i'm sure is appreciated, but i seriously doubt the family is going to read tmz and see this person's statements. lighten up!

Curt

Bummer.

Diana Lara

Roger C. have you ever heard of Karma? I feel sorry for YOU!

Stormiee

I know what is it like to loose a sibling to a car accident, my baby brother was killed in April 2007. He was 26. My Prayers and my Thoughts are with the Culkin Fmaily.

TB

How sad! My thoughts and prayers going out the entire Culkin family.

Bebo

This is very sad news. My question is...Why did TMZ put a "Celebrity Justice" label above this post? I don't think this has anything to do with justice and seems pretty inappropriate since this was a death...

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

macaulay is so hot now. Sad about his sister, seems like so many bad things happen lately, I swear the world will end soon.

pie

To all the Culkin family. Sorry to hear of your loss to your family. The best seem to leave us early. - That's why liquor stores sells liquor. So everybody won't cry so badly when they lose their loved ones. Drink up, and have a year long wake for your sister.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments