"Beetlejuice" Actor's House Burns

12/23/2008 6:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Glenn Shadix -- who played "Otho" the decorator in "Beetlejuice" -- watched a fire tear through his Alabama home, if you couldn't tell by the devastated look on his face.

Glenn left his house (intact) on December 13, and when he returned at around 11:00 AM, it was engulfed in flames, according to the Western Tribune.

Glenn bought the home -- built in 1886 -- a year ago when he moved back to Bessemer, Alabama, his hometown. The Trib reports Shadix repeatedly told firefighters, "I've lost my dream."

The cause of the fire is still under investigation.

Mariah

God, how awful. I bet it was a cool house. So strange he is in the news as I just watched Beetlejuice the other day and wondered whatever became of him. He was funny in that film. Almost Googled him but never got around to it. How sad for him.

darling nikki

Good thing he wasn't still asleep in the house.

i love the 80

i loved him in that movie, he was so funny. how sad , i hope he can rebuild. poor thing.

Ya Think

That's just so sad for anyone! That was a beautiful old house, too. Thankfully no one was hurt, but still ...

Belladonna

Looks electrical. Lots of smoke and fire on the upper levels.

Octowelfaremom

Isn't this the same guy who Madonna gave her Chihuahuas to about 10 years ago? She had 3 little Chihuahuas she used to take everywhere (used them like an accessory) and then just gave them away to this dude. The dogs ended up at a rescue organization run by an alleged hoarder neglected. One of the dogs ended up dying from the combination of the shady owner and the crazy rescuer. Sorry, if this is the same guy, I just can't feel bad. By the way, Madonna should never own animals again. With all of her money and resources, she should have made sure her 3 tiny Chi's ended up with a good owner. Madonna did know they ended up back at the shelter but she didn't care.

Luke Warmwater

Interesting hair.

hahahaha!

So Madona supposidly gives this guy her dogs (10yrs ago!!) he in turn either doesn't have the time or can't handle keeping them so he gives them to a rescue agency, one of them happens to die, the owner of the rescue agency turns out to be nutty and YOU think this guy is getting what he deserves? Nutbag.. I wonder what guilt by association you have in your past that is someday going to come bite you in the butt. What nonsense, the guy lost his home, obviously a nice old one not some Hollyweird monstrosity, give the guy a break instead of trying to link him to an old story where he isn't even the one who did anything wrong.

Jezzy

His character, Otho was awesomly gay in Beetlejuice.
Too bad the house caught fire. He looks devastated.
This isn't a very merry christmas for him. Too bad.

maggot

I dont care how devasted this tool looks...remember he is an actor out of work...lots of bills....insurance money???

he is a professional, knows how to emote.

John

"Nice hair"?.... "He knows how to emote?".........

His house, probably all the contents, not to mention the history of the place and you tools have something to say about his hair and his acting ability?

Jeez- nice to show how you care.
Douchebags.

Kim

#9 & #12 - right on! Madonna's dogs 10 yrs ago has nothing to do with the fact that this guy is losing his beautiful, historic home due to a fire. "whatgoesaroundcomesaround" is obvisously an idiot!

JennInDC

Horrible especially right before the holidays. My home burning down is my worst fear and I feel for anyone who goes through that. I can't imagine losing all my possessions. My heart goes out to him.

Mrs. Pine

Yes I remember him best as the effiminine hotel reviewer from the cimema classic "Dunston Checks In." It sux that his house was destroyed, but at least no one was hurt.

Russ