Travoltas Speak on Jett's Passing

1/4/2009 2:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John Travolta and Kelly Preston have released this statement on the passing of their son Jett:

"We would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt thanks to everyone who has sent their love and condolences. Jett was the most wonderful son that two parents could ever ask for and lit up the lives of everyone he encountered. We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time we had with him for the rest of our lives. We have received many messages of condolence from around the world and we want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. It has meant so much to us. It is a beautiful reminder of the inherent goodness in the human spirit that gives us a hope for a brighter future."

With love,
John, Kelly and Ella

Dave K

Travolta's always seemed shady to me, or at least his public demeanor is not at all who he really is. Same as with Tom Cruise.. everything seems so scripted with them... they're always acting. And the one nanny present the other night was the same man that Travolta was kissing on the lips while boarding a plane.. written off as just being "friendly".. mm hm.. look, I don't care what anyone does as long as they're not hurting anyone, but I'm just making the point that Travolta is likely not above keeping some pretty major secrets.

K

What a classy, loving family. May they find peace during this difficult time, Rest in Peace Jett.

Natasha

Thank you 23. The person Face it People came into my conversation and my beliefs. I am able to write whatever it is I believe as you are. Don't speek of my RELIGION as if you think you know it 22 (Face it People).

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Well, at least it will warn the few people that don't know about scientology. Pretty sure they won't be getting any new members or not many. Hopefully it will make a few members leave, i doubt it will, but maybe.

Dave K

And by the way Natasha... let's not kid ourselves here.. Scientology is seen worldwide as a bunch of seriously delusional nutcases following the laughable words of a deranged, metally unstable man that couldn't separate his fiction from reality. Xenu this, honey..

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

I've read plenty on it, I do know enough to know it kills people, that's all I need to know.

Granny

#9 you are sick, I hope you never lose a child. Why in the world would the travoltas wait until their son is 16 to do him in. All of you who think that these people did something to this child are all sick. My heart goes out to the travoltas for this untimely death of someone who is so special.

Natasha

(Face it People) So you are saying that Scientology killed this boy? No. Medical conditions have shown that is what has killed him.

Goerge Bush

There time with him WAS BRIEF.................they were NEVER around................please...this smells of NEGLECT

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Natasha, their beliefs as a result of scientology and the way he was neglected probably did. You know what i mean, you've read it probably over and over here. Negelecting him over medicine. Possibly being ashamed of him.

EZ

Hope their daughter Ella stays healthy,since as scientologist don't believe in meds. They have been hiding that poor kid for years!I don't get the 24hr nanny,but he wasn't found till the next day.Travolta and his wife should have got Jett medical help when he was youger,he seemed to have autism with contributing health problems, I'm sure they put that child through hell with scientology methods of curing him. What a bunch of weak minded people!

IsaBella

LMAO@Natasha

Ramond

The Mormons.....The Moonies....The Jehovah's Witnesses.....Scientology. Cmon People....wake up. When a religious sect tells its members to do as they say and no one can question the Leaders of such groups mean......CULT!!! ITS MIND CONTROLLING TO KEEP ITS MEMBERS IN TACT. Remember David Koresh? Remember Jim Jones.....how about Charles Manson. wake up

Bex

I just saw Tom Cruise in "Topic Of Thunder" and he was hilarious! Te best acting I have seen from him in some time.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

I'm not gonna argue with a scientologist....