Palin's Son-In-Law-to-Be Bums Out

1/7/2009 3:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

He's not going to high school. Also, he's not going to electrician school. And now, he's quitting his job. Levi Johnston, meet the TV tray and soiled diapers.

The baby daddy of Sarah Palin's kid has decided to quit his job in the oil fields of Alaska, says the Anchorage Daily News, after they questioned how he got the job in the first place. And he's also decided to ditch his electrical apprenticeship after someone pointed out he needs a HS diploma to do that, which he doesn't have.

So what's left? Well, they did just have the baby.

Tazandra

I see a lack of perseverance with this kid. He could have stuck it out with the Electrician course or the Oil Fields. It would have blown over. He wasn't kicked out of either one of them. He quit on his own...makes you wonder if he was looking for an excuse to dump them. I've seen kids like this...they quit everything they start once they realize there's work and effort involved and it usually starts with high school. Bristol should clean up her own act and not think this kid is going to be with her when they're old and grey......time to cut her losses and move on.

southernyankee

Well when is the Governor going to take the responsiblity for her actions and stop blaming the media. She is the one who got her future son-in-law the job knowing he didn't have a high school degree. In my state, and am sure in other states Levi could go to Adult high school at night while he works during the day. The Palins need to stop the victimhood. She is the boop that keeps on giving. She is the one that put her family out there. No one heard of Palin until she ran for VP. So I would tell her to shut up and go back and do your job as governor and leave the rest of us alone. We are sooooooo tired of hearing about you and your family. P.S. you managed to Bristol and Levi a deal on pictures of their baby. Again you are the one who is putting them out there again. If you really loved your family you wouldn't do that. But as usual with the Palin bunch they are hungry for the money. You know they just don't have enough.

Bobp

Loser, loser, loser. He's already had a kid out of wedlock, dropped out of high school and quit his two month old career!
Sarah should be proud as punch of these two losers. I bet birth control is sounding better and better, huh Sarah?
When are they getting married, anyway? Huh, Sarah? Any minute now? Sure...as soon as they get back from the welfare office. Okey dokey!

GET A RECORD DEAL

Hey don't worry about this bubba. Look if Joe the fake plumber got one of them record deals, maybe this fake apprentice kid too can sure git himself a snow concert deal or sumthin.. he can write a song about jerkin off the nothern slope

UptownRazorback

Posted at 9:26AM on Jan 7th 2009 by hrh40

NO. You need to get your facts and sources straight. HE DID DROP OUT OF SCHOOL. HE DID QUITE HIS JOB BECAUSE OF SUSPICIOUS HIRING PRACTICES. HE IS SEATING HOME LIKE A DEAD BEAT. HIS SUGAR PLUME HASN'T ATTENDED SCHOOL SHE HER LAST PREGNANCY. Wow. Is this the example as a country we wanted to portray to the world. MESSAGE TO THE RED STATES: KEEP YOUR COUNTRY BUMPKINS AT HOME.

Jan

If he was given these options before he was qualified, then the employers who hired him and the school which accepted him are to blame. First things first. He should finish high school either or pass his GED IF that is the requirement. If they got 300k for the pictures of the baby then they earned it as they have endured so much negative press by TMZ and other media just because he is related to Sarah. MANY teens in this country have babies that are not married. The family of a political canidiate should be off limits.

shira

We all must remember HE ISN"T a DropOut...because Sarah Palin says so, so it must be true....

Kay

I see a career in Alaskan politics...........

Jessica

Get your facts right, TMZ! He had an electrical apprentice job on the oil fields, so he was never making any money to begin with. Suposedly he is going to finish high school online, but who knows if that's true or not. He is still a bum, but lets stick to facts, TMZ!!

Q

# 7 - Campy,

But I bet you didn't have a problem with Bill Clinton's brother selling coke & drunk driving. That's just silly talk. So you don't like Palin please, if you are going to attack the Governer, do so on the merits not family members. Seriously.

And hey I'm not saying that the kid isn't a piece of work. Someone should beat his arse into finishing High School. That is just disgusting not to even have a high school diploma. His poor child.

IsaBella

hrh40 = Palins rep

You betcha!

Dan

He probably just wants to take over his mother's business. Surely he doesn't need any further training to be an Alaskan Drug Dealer!

MajorityRules

No one is off limits. Sarah Palin put her family in the mix when she hauled them all over the country during the election. Everything that she stood for became an issue. Unfortunately, her oldest daughter became the visual for one of those issues - abstinance, and why it doesn't work.

Just imagine for a moment if Michelle Obama had a teenaged daughter who was introduced to the nation on stage the way Bristol was. Do you honestly think she would have been warmly received? Imagine if her boyfriend (baby daddy) had a MySpace page that said he was a "gangsta" and he "liked to shoot stuff"? (Levi's page said he was a redneck who liked to shoot stuff). Imagine if the boy's mother was arrested for selling drugs? Wow, you just can't make this stuff up! I think we all know how that would have turned out.

I'm not saying that persecuting Levi and Bristol is correct because it isn't. But if the situation were reversed, the public reaction would be quite harsh.

I feel for Sarah in having this situation to deal with; many of us have dealt with teens who do the opposite of what we want them to do. But what irks me about the way she's handling it is that she's trying to say these kids didn't drop out of school. THEY DID. If you have voluntarily left your classes and must now obtain a GED to have the equivalent of a high school diploma, then you dropped out of school. GED is not necessary for those who have completed high schoool classes in the traditional manner of continuous class attendance - be it in person or online. Just say they dropped out, but to their credit, they're taking appropriate steps to complete their education. Don't try to dance around the truth and dress up a lie.

Danielle

Wow, if you feel this way about Sarah Palin, where is the hate for Mr. Obama? His mother was 18 when she had him out of wedlock. In fact, his "free spirit" mother ditched him with his grandparents and went off to do her own thing.

I have respect hfor Mr. Obama (even though I voted for McCain) and I truly, truly hope that he is successful as President and I will support him as my president. For those that label themselves as Democrats or diss us Republicans, there is an entire spectrum on BOTH sides of the dence, and further, Democrats are supposedly the accepting and NONJUDGMENTAL party.

Both my grandmother and mother got pregnant before they were married at 17 (and got married when they found out). Both marriages lasted. I got married at 24 and had my first child last year at 28. I came from poverty in the 80's and put myself through grad school and am working on my PhD. I own two SUVs that I paid cash for and am finishing a house we are buildig ourselves with no mortgage.

This isn't patting myself on the back, but I did it through hard work and much sacrifice. I could have chosen welfare as a way of life and popped out kids to collect SSI for "ADHD" and :"ODD" and everything else you can think of, or claimed MH disability of my own. Instead the generations in my family have all worked and contributed to kids/adults getting paid for doing nothing to contribute to society.

I am a MH professional so I do NOT include true disabling issues like Schizophrenia. Others that claim some dx or another to receive financial gain are leeches and if you receive any government benefits that come out of my hard-earned paycheck I don't think you have ANY room to say anything about this couple who did not ask to be in the spotlight.

Diane

Oh, leave him alone! He and Paln's daughter are both studying for their GED. As for the job, he did the politically correct thing in quitting when told he was shouldn't be working as apprentice with the diploma. People would be screaming unfair advantage if he didn't quit. He'll be back to that position or another as soon as he gets the diploma. Quit making a big deal out of nothing.