HERO

1/15/2009 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chesley B. Sullenberger III -- the pilot of flight 1549.

Career highlights
-- Flew F-4s for the U.S. Air Force from 1973 to 1980. Flight Leader and Training Officer with experience in Europe, Pacific and at Nellis AFB, serving as Blue Force Mission Commander in Red Flag Exercises.

Sullenberger spent years as an Air Line Pilots Association Local Air Safety Chairman, national technical committee member and accident investigator -- where he participated in several NTSB investigations of major aircraft accidents.

It only gets more impressive -- check out his unbelievable resume HERE.

Dorian

All those lucky survivors of U.S. Airlines Flight 1549 need to thank God that their lead pilot on this unfortunate flight was a man of such strong character and inner strength as that Mr. Sullenburger III proved he had on their flight. I hope they say a prayer for him tonight and also thank God for their second chance at life. I hope they live the rest of their lives in an honorable manner and not just waste it away.

BOEING 787

Certainly experience and laborious training by the captain has played a part in the survival of all the passengers
and crew on the aircraft but credit also goes to the other pilot too and the composed passengers who also made
the survival of everyone possible.

This is as close to a miracle as possible as if this happened almost anywhere else the results might have been
more tragic, the fact that ferry boats and the plane could be guided by boats to the side of the Hudson River has
contributed also to the survival of every one.

I am sure their is going to be an investigation of the engine as it is supposed to survive a bird strike and it has not.

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Whoooooo-Hooooooooo!!!! WAY to GO! You're THE MAN!!!

.......For he's the jolly good fellow, for he's the jolly good fellow, for he's the jolly good felloooooooooow.... which nobody can deny!

Seriously though. Unbelievable job. Congratulations, and thank you!

Michael

This is a hero, no doubt. To get out of a terrifying situation such as this awful plane wreck with no casualties, is amazing. It made me think back to the terrible crash in the Potomac that claimed lives.

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Dude. You did an unbelievable job.

Has there ever been a water landing with such a large plane where ALL of the passengers came out basically unharmed?

TIMMAH

Heard he parallel parked it for added effect... nice job .. wish everyone did their job that well.

Nuts

Way to go Sully.Im sure all survivors and their families would like to give you one big group hug.What a guy1

ParisNauseatesMe

Sullenberger, I am in awe.

Shannon

Good job and well done. :)

Amanda

I want him flying my plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just flew from JFK to Tampa last week. God, you never know when something like that can happen.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

With a name like that, he'd *better* figure on doing something stud. Me, I drive around in a macho truck with a baseball cap glued to my head, and delude myself into thinking I'm real bad.

RobertBee

Bravo! Bravo! A true hero! Bravo!!!

Kate

My grandfather was a two star general in the Air Force. Any time you asked him how the Air Force did anything, his reply was always, "Skill, cunning, and dexterity." That is what this pilot exhibited.

Jean Colon

May GOD bless him always

Sharona

Heroic efforts and God's hand. This pilot is to be commended by our new President, but we must commend his co-pilot and the flight attendants as well. The skill and precision required to make an emergency water landing gently enough that the plane did not split apart upon impact is remarkable.

TMZ, WHY are you so ignorant as to publish this private man's phone number and e-mail address? I see you took it down, but I'm sure that this heroic officer and gentleman has his phone ringing off the hook with the world's most unevolved. Harvey, I hope they sue your ass off and shut down this stipid site.