Cptn. Sully: We Were Just Doing Our Jobs - Redirect

1/25/2009 3:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

COMMENTS

mss

To insure the saftey of President Obama, I think Sully should be hired to pilot Air Force 1

BoBo

Yes - he was just doing his job, but he did it so well that EVERYONE survived. He's a hero.

1995 days ago

The former shadow of WTC one.

This is a great American story... One of our best, former military pilots provides some real heroism and saves not only 155 + lives, but imagine the extrapolation of joy of all the family and friends of those 155? Sully changed their lives collectively – forever. Every day will be sunny and every cup of coffee -fresh!

I am sick of this 4 year nonstop media politics of division. CNN, MSNBC, FOX Et Al...Still dividing this country. They all suck...Hannity and Blitzer and Cooper and Limbaugh....STFU already.

This was a great American saving Americans….Not Dems or Repubs….red or blue.

Jean

I would have loved to hear him speak more, but due to the investigations, I can understand. Can't wait to wath his 60 Minutes interview.

To #1: I thought the same thing. He would be excellent to fly Air Force One. He certainly has the experience to do it, but he has to be Active duty in the Air Force I think.

I'm sure many would want to fly US Airways in hopes of getting Sullenberger as their pilot. When he goes back to work, wonder how he's going to peacefully walk through the airport now.

dealANDnodeal

yet, yes, he was just doing his job

river rat

UFC faker -

Love your comments, my friend.

Brian

Stud

Bex

I like my heroes to be better looking. This fool is a toad......

cherryblossoms

a toad? is that bad? he is a great person and a great hero and a wonderful person I will never get over why people are so fixated on looks? it amazes me he is a good looking guy but that shouldnt matter.

Di from Wisconsin

Thank God he was doing his job! Thank God the crew stayed calm! Thank you GOD!

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

#8 is the MORON posting under my name again.. I see they haven't the intellect or imagination to come up with one of their own. Probably jealous, too.

Yes, he and his crew were just doing their jobs and fortunately, unlike so many people on the planet, they take a great deal of pride in their job and doing it to the best of their ability.

e

THIS MAN IS A TRUE HERO! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Whocares

I got wasted at the Danville Bowl last night!!!!!! IN SULLY'S HONOR!

Debbie/grandmother

It is so nice to hear good news for a change in an otherwise news barrage of constant negatives. I am so proud of this pilot. My husband is a pilot. When we heard the news of his successful landing after losing his engines the first thing I told my husband..."I bet he's a glider pilot." And then we learned he was trained at The Air Force Academy in gliders as a cadet. I believe his knowldege in flying gliders is what saved him and the passengers. My husband has been a glider pilot for 40 years and trained cadets at the Academy. God bless you Capt. "Sully". Heroes are hard to come by these days and you are definitley a hero.

Debbie/grandmother

Hello hotmama...I'm with you. I'm sure all of the passengers on that plane could give a hoot what the pilot looks like. They are all alive because of his remarkable skills and just grateful to be alive and here to tell the story. We all age with time and lose our youthful looks. It happens to ALL of us. Have a feeling he is a beautiful soul on the inside.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments