Suspected Sex Offender Is Luckiest Bastard Alive

1/30/2009 4:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Some dude who is accused of sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl allegedly tried to kill himself by driving his van off a ledge in Colorado. And it almost worked...

In what has to be one of the craziest twists of fate ever, the perp's van caught a ledge -- and a search and rescue team got to the guy before karma did.

Dude went to the hospital, but as soon as he gets out, cops say he'll be immediately arrested.

Wonder if he can keep the soap from dropping too....

why?

I am a Christian with a daughter almost 4, and all I can say is I hope there is a plan for this guy or damn what happened to strong winds.

2059 days ago

mike

Tell you why the good Lord spared this dirt! You see he has a bigger and better plan for the novice rock climber he wants our free flight perv to be able to get some real pay back! And >>>>>here's Johnny! Welcome to the special needs unit at Colorado's toughest meanist 'lock up' near the rockies..were every wonder hour he's in there the word "plummed!" will take on new meaning!! And a constant headache will be a day off!!

2059 days ago

carriss

Aww too bad he wasn't successful. Search and rescue should've left his worthless ass there to die, but death is too good for a child molester.

Not celebrity news btw.

2059 days ago

oprah

Why didn't the rescue team just push the van and finished that bastard's life?

2059 days ago

Who Caresss!!!

Damn if this wasn't true.. I'd say it was a douche bag fotoshop job! lol.

2059 days ago

SandyM

That is gross. This guy should have just died and saved all the hassle.

2059 days ago

binks2003

Unfortunately I must say this happened in my town. This is the Colorado National Monument over Grand Junction. The guy has already admitted to molesting the 4 year old. He told the man from the search and rescue team that's why he attempted the suicide. I agree with the folks here who say he was "saved" so he can become someone else's butt-friend. Sorry to the others who think that sounds harsh, but this creep deserves every bit of torture and abuse he gets.

2059 days ago

rawrimadino

There are a lot of people on this board (I assume Christians) saying that this sex offender was "saved to face the music" or was saved because death would have been the easy way out and the "good Lord" wants this guy to suffer/face the consequences. Well, I say if you believe in this man being saved and your God you pray to; wouldn’t the death of this man just throw him in "hell" anyway. So death would not be the easy out. And there is no point suffering on earth when God could give him the worst suffering ever in hell. This freak of nature is saved, out of all the more deserving people, HA! But that’s God’s plan right? He’s known for doing things that make no freaking sense. Yeah, you all think about that.

2059 days ago

Jonty

Would've been better for everyone if it didnt get stuck...If/when convicted he'l be segregated with the rest of the kiddy fiddlers to their own division where he'l spend his days in his own little cell watching t.v & passing the time...it is dissapointing that sex offenders are kept out of reach of the general prison population.

2059 days ago

mike

To rawrimandio:
You in your post seem to be saying we shouldn't pass judgment on this man the God almighty will and we should just shut up nd leave things to the almighty? Well I think the good Lord says "a eye for a eye"! and also you think about this, God also say's "and the wicked shall be punish upon my earth"!!...Gettin right on it God thank you!

2059 days ago

Larry

#7: I live where this happened. The man admitted to the police before he tried to kill himself that he molested two four-year-old girls. He's up on charges for one, and will most likely get another charge for the other. Yes, he deserves a trial, but I don't think anybody in the know has any doubt about his guilt. The van was finally removed from its perch yesterday using a huge construction crane. The road over the Colorado National Monument had to be shut down so the crane could get to the site. He's a big costly pain, and since these types can't be cured (I'll never understand it. Four-year-olds?) I wish he would have succeeded.

2058 days ago

Al

Was he trying to drive off the cliff backwards?

2058 days ago

Amanda

"My 3 Cents"-
Did you READ Lauren's post? That's what she said. She said there was no absolute proof available (to the public) at the time of the Bronco chase, but it was still obvious to most of us that he was guilty. Maybe you should take the time to read a post before trying a "pre-skool" insult and acting like a jerk.

2058 days ago

LongJohn69

A pedophile in jail is a fate worse than death. What went around, came around.

2058 days ago

Melissa

As soon as you guys can, you should post his full name and a picture. So everyone will know who he is...

2058 days ago