So Far Away

2/9/2009 4:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The singer turns 67 today and resurfaced at an event in Florida, looking pleasant.

Carole King

Carole's 1971 classic "Tapestry" was the best-selling pop album until Michael Jackson's "Thriller."

King has been married four times.

COMMENTS

NRGJAMS.COM

She ROCKS!!!

stressfreein09

she looks great

Bash a Pap

Now THAT is how you age gracefully.

bjb

She is so awesome! I still love and listen to Tapestry to this day!

Jerry Jarvela

Danny Carey from TOOL used to drum for her.

Erica

Then and now, she looks like a MAN with long, curly hair. Sucks to be her.

Kathy

I agree! She looks GREAT!

And wow can she SING!

Being a child of the 70's I will never get over Carole King and "Tapestry", one of my first albums ever! Still onve of my favorite singers AND that album is still one of my favorites too.

Carole and that album are legendary and truly awesome!

jm

I just love her - one of the best song writers ever!

Kathy

Forgot to wish her a very blessed and HAPPY BIRTHDAY today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & BEST WISHES, MS KING! We love you!

billyboyhere

wasnt she james taylors pianist before she released Tapestry? I mean she was famous, just not in the spotlight until than, for writing those doo wap type songs with her first husband. After Tapestry she became famous and wealthy and quite outspoken--maybe thats why she has had 4 hubbies. She must be the boss I guess---probably needs a younger dumb kind of man, good looking, but keeps his mouth shut.

I heard too she caused a lot of problems with ranchers out west, wyoming I think it was some years back---you know the type, like ted turner, tom brokaw, they all move way out west and start interfering with people who have lived their for generations, coming out there claiming nonsense about water and fences and other liberal nonsense that is best left back in the city where they truly belong.

Not a put down---just a social criticism as those of her cut are quick to do to others. Or doesnt it work both ways for those types?

Liz

Happy Bithday Carole! Thank you for all the songs and the memories that go along with them.

suspicious

Love her ... the music's not really my thing but I have a tremendous amount of respect for her as an artist and an American icon. Saw her on Colbert a few months back and I hope HOPE that she was just having an off night because her voice sounded really shredded. Maybe she was near the end of a pretty heavy promotional tour and it was not representative of how she actually sounds now. Maybe she was just spent. I've seen at lot of concerts at the end of a tour and the singers' chords are pretty blown out ... let's hope that's all it was!

Bex

The best female singer/songwriter on the entire planet!

Tamaraja

Mr. Z...sit down before you hurt yourself..seriously.

Kathi

Happy Birthday, Carole! Your music has lightened my soul since 1968, the year I was born. "Tapestry" was the first album my momma bought, and I I still play it (only now on CD version) whenever I need a lift. Thank you!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments