Spike Lee Explodes:

I'm So Much

Better Than You!

3/20/2009 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Spike Lee went completely ballistic on our photog last night in New York, calling him a "hack" and backing his argument with one of the lamest lines we've ever heard: "What films you made? Did you make 'Do the Right Thing?'"

For the record: No, we didn't. But we also didn't make "She Hate Me" either ... and we're damn proud of that.

Moi

I wonder if he knows how much of a D bag he is.

Str8UpNilka

TMZ is so racist.

nan

Are you kidding? How did you skew it into a racial issue? I am getting so tired of black people pulling that crap! Spike Lee is the racist!!!!! Oh yeah I forgot black people are never racist......... just whites......

Luke Warmwater

Spike will always have the short man complex.

Dixie

Spike Lee is a douchebag.

daxon

get a rope

Wally

Spike Lee is a racist, along with Rev Jackson and Al Sharpton....
They all make money off of their hate..Evil Black men.

Michael Madsen

You can't even sit on the sidelines at a basketball game with talent. You're an immature being.
Stick to commercials - long form is obviously not your bag.
I'll give you 10 for over-rated.

Winsome Davis III

Barack Obama encompasses what black people aspire to.
Spike Lee encompasses how black people percieve themselves.

Buttercup321

Spike Lee , like Kanye West , have made people feel like if you dont like their movies / music then you dont like African - Americans.

I am mixed race and I dont like Spikes movies, and I dont like Kanyes music - and it has nothing to do with being Black- I dont find the movies/music enjoyable.

I also find the music/movies of Elvis, Neil Diamond, Madonna and Woody Allen irritating, so I dont listen to it if I can change the station, if its on TV I change the channel. If you dont know these people - these people are white and I am still mixed race.

I know what Ive said is SO not PC. If you want fame sometimes you dont please everyone , like sometimes its got to be easier to just say HI to the pap instead of fighting them.

Everything is so damn HARD these days, it really doesnt have to be.

OK,IM done..........

justsayin

No offense people... but Spike's gotta point. Not about his movie credits... that was just arrogant. But.. paps ARE hacks! Hey... I like to read the gossip as much as the next guy, but the cameramen/reporters on this stuff are doing it for two reasons... the almighty buck, ... and because they don't have the talent for respectable jobs in the field. On the flip side though... this guy didn't ask spike for his advice, or to be judged. And he was very polite to Spike too! ;)

Lucy

what a jerk! I lost respect for him when he went after Clint Eastwood.

Jennifa O Jenny

Anyone who thinks Spike only did Do the Right Thing and She Hate Me doesn't know a lot about his career. Spike has done many films that were well received. Spike has done a lot of amazing films and is a visionary when it comes to film making.

xcalibur

WHAT A DOUCHE BAG!!!! I HATE WHEN PEEPS CANT WIN AN ARGUMENT AND THEY HAVE TO ATTACK YOU PERSONALLY. AD HOMINEM ATTACKS, NICE SPIKE!!!!! TOO BAD THE JACKASS ISN'T RELEVANT ANYMORE. AND WHAT HAS HE DONE IN HIS CAREER THAT NEVER PLAYED DAMN THE RACE CARD. YEA ALL HE DID WAS EXPLOIT THE BLACK BRUTHAS FOR SAKE OF HIS POCKETBOOK AND I'M SURE HE THINKS OJ WAS INNOCENT CUZ HE'S A "BRUTHA". SMDH. BYE GIRL FLY GIRL. YO MAMA!

omg!