« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adenhart Crash Survivor Conscious, Moving Legs

4/9/2009 4:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon WilhiteThe only survivor from the Mitsubishi that was involved in the brutal car crash that killed 3 people, including pro baseball player Nick Adenhart, is currently in critical condition at the UC Irvine Medical Center.

We're told Jon Wilhite, a former baseball star at Cal State Fullerton, is moving his legs, but is currently receiving treatment in the medical center's Intensive Care Unit.

TMZ just spoke with the Director of Athletics for Cal. State Fullerton -- where Jon and the driver of the Mitsubishi, Courtney Stewart, went to school -- who just released this statement:

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of Courtney Stewart and Jon Wilhite. The world of athletics is not equipped for these kinds of tragic events. We understand Jon is conscious and his injuries are not immediately life-threatening"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Michael Madsen

pRAY FOR HIM

Pearl

My prayers go out to the victims and their families..

sandyduncansglasseye

another reason why being in OC is never a good idea

Jay19

This is very very sad...I will say a prayer for the passenger’s families.

Hopefully the bastard who murdered them with his van and then heartlessly fled the scene leaving them smashed and dying will go to jail for the rest of his life if there is any justice…

He drove drunk knowing that a vehicle can kill anyone it hits just as sure as a bullet could if shot into a person’s body, so he needs to be fried for this tragic triple murder period.

This was no mistake, no one forced the bottle to his mouth no one forced him to swallow it along with no one forcing him into the drivers seat of a vehicle and starting it up and operating it while drunk…

floosey

What a shame. I heard that the pitcher who died was in his early 20's. I'm sure that the baseball community as well as the family's are devastated by this tragic event.

FiBiker

Cars are just as dangerous as jet skis....here we go again.

jon

MLB Network just said there are now four fatalities?

KS

What a waste, so young, so talented, so much loss...all of them! The driver will roast in Hell one way or the other!

PM

This is an unbelievably sad and devastating event.
What is it going to take to teach people not to drink and drive? Personally I think that anyone convicted of their first DUI should have to install an ignition breathalyzer at their own cost. This way we at least know that we as a community have done all we can to keep drunk people from driving, because the current laws just don't seem to be doing the job.
My prayers go out to the families of these victims.

Brittany

stay strong jonny! i love you and my thoughts are with you and your family!

RJ

Everyone please keep those prayers going today for Jon and for the families of courtney and nick.

TMZWTF??

I am so saddened by these news of a careless,irresponsible,and stupid intoxicated driver that just killed 3 innocent people. Tougher laws are required to ensure that this will never happen again. Very,very sad day....My prayers and thoughts goes out to all the families involved.

J

This is so sorrel! Me and my fiancee were at the game last night. I'm devastated its so sad...plus he was cute. no offense to my fiancee..lol.

rabid angels fan

This is so sad. This young man showed so much promise. What a waste of a young life. I don't understand what the drunken bastard who killed him was doing on the road? He had several priors and should of been in jail!! 3 young lives snuffed out and the broken hearts of so many, including so many angels fans who knew the promise this man held. It makes me sick. His poor father sat in the locker room today for hours this morning mourning his son. As a parent with kids Adenharts age, its so scary. It makes me want to cry. As for Gallo, the killer, he needs to be locked up for the rest of his life!!

Janellemarie@csu.fullerton.edu

Jon is an awesome guy! Everyone here at CSUF is praying for him!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments