I'm Mrs. Voorhees

4/14/2009 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 82-year-old resurfaced at some horror expo in New Jersey, looking campy.

Betsy Palmer

Betsy allegedly took the now iconic part in "Friday the 13th" because she needed to buy a new car.

Palmer refused to reprise her role in "Freddy vs. Jason" because the salary was allegedly too low.

COMMENTS

UhDuh

Wow! She hasn't aged much at all. She looks great for 82!

moe

Betsy was so adorable on the old "I've got a Secret" shows years ago. Glad to see she's doing well and still so pretty!

sandyduncansglasseye

Im pretty sure she was all grown up when she made F13th

TG

she still scares me to death. I dont know what it is

Wanda W.

82 years old,wow, I hope I look as good if Im lucky enough to live to be that age. This is dating me but I remember her from the old tv show TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES. Shes changed of course,but wow does she look good ! A good actress too !

justsaying

LOOKING GOOD!!!.......I MEAN...........GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

We actually met Betsy a few years ago at another horror convention is NJ. She is not only young looking, but young at heart to go with it. She was bouncing all over the place and saying "Hello, hola!" to us. she hugged us and let us get free autographs and pics with her. She was truly sweet! I hope we have a chance to meet her again!

tanaja

She turned down a part in Freddy vs. Jason because the pay was too low!! That CRAZY old lady better be glad somebody remembered her. She's a NOBODY. What did she want... A million. What nerve!

Hep

mac,

She's not a "nobody." Just because you refuse to acknowledge anyone older than Meley Cyrus, it doesn't mean they aren't auccessful.

Hep

sorry, Miley Cyrus.

Rob

That picture was taken in march at Monster Mania 12 in Cherry Hill, NJ> I have met her at least half a dozen times at the chiller theatre horror convention in new jersey and she is amazing. always willing to talk, sign, and take pictures.

justinhott

She looks AMAZING for any age especially for 82! Even though her friendly smile still sends shivers down my spine. lots of nightmares about her in my childhood. "KILL HER MOMMY! KILL HER!"

Ummmhmmm

I think it is cute ...anyone else notice ,she's wearing basically the same get-up in the "Now" pic as the "Then" picture !

Ooooo Noooo!

"I'd do her."

Sweety

Wow! She looks great. Blessed with good genes.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments