Liam Neeson -- Family on the Rebound

4/16/2009 12:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joined by his two sons and fellow actor Aidan Quinn, Liam Neeson cracked a huge smile in some awesome courtside seats at the Knicks game in NYC on Wednesday.

Liam Neeson

This story even has a happy ending -- the Knicks won the game!

clam

It just seems...a bit insensitive...no, I don't think one should stay indoors, dressed in black (whatever that entails) but it's all a bit too....NEAT and tidy. It's as if it were all staged. Maybe Neeson will find it more difficult in the coming months but it all strikes me as very...too clean, you know?

1994 days ago

Roxanne

This is the second time this father and his sons were out and about enjoying life within a very short period of time of a supposed love one's death. Sorry, but grief is not what I have seen on the part of this family. The photo of the son, emerging from the hospital on the night, or there about, of his mother's death, was one with a smile on his face. Hmm. John Travolta and his wife appear to be far more devastated over the loss of Jett than Liam Neeson and his sons are over Natasha's. Seems odd that there are continual public displays of attending sports events on Liam Neeson and his sons part. Most families respect the loss of a loved one, or one who is claimed to be loved. Most are traumatized. While enjoying life and moving on is expected AFTER going through the stages of grief, doing so one week after ward, as was the first case seen via a photo op, is a bit insensitive and odd to say the least. Standing, as the entire family did, for a photo op at the cometary ... there are no words to describe this being done - strange is what I describe Liam Neeson's behavior

1994 days ago

di

crimey. folks, unless you've lost a loved one, you don't know how you'll act.(I've been there) so anything to get your mind on something else for awhile. and yes, people do laugh at funerals, its about remembering the good and everything in between. Its good to see the family out and about.

1994 days ago

susielou

Hey folks, it isn't Victorian England, when mourning had its many rules and mourners wore black or somber colors for a year. As others have said here, everyone grieves differently. Parents have to be strong for their children after the death of a loved one and being supportive takes many forms. The Neeson boys have had to make many adjustments to their new lives in regards to other family members, friends, school, social situations. Since we don't know what goes on in the privacy of their home, we should not criticize Liam Neeson's parenting or his sons' smiles.

1994 days ago

SR

I'm glad they're out and enjoying themselves. Let them. It's their lives and their loss and they will deal with it as they know best. When my dear friend died suddenly, I also spent time with her husband and sons as support as we moved through a time of grief. We did a lot of laughing, too and I know it especially helped the boys.

Unlike others, I did recognize Aidan Quinn -- he's probably my favorite actor and has been for years . Bless him for going along to this event as support and as friend.

1994 days ago

annie

"FAMILY ON THE REBOUND" ????????? THEY'VE NEVER STOPPED PARTYING SINCE SHE DIED. NEESON WENT RIGHT BACK TO WORK AND FINISHED A MOVIE !, THE FAMILY POSED FOR PHOTOS INSTEAD OF HIRING BODY GUARDS AT THE FUNERAL !......NEESON WAVED TO PHOTOGRAPHERS EVERY STUPID CHANCE HE GOT ! HE WAS SO AWARE OF THE PHOTOGRAPHERS, YOU'D THINK HE WOULD {OR SHOULD} HAVE BEEN TOO DEEP INTO GRIEF TO EVEN NOTICE THEM........?????! THIS FAMILY GIVES ME THE HUGE CREEPS. I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR THE CHILDREN, AND NO DOUBT THEIR DAD IS TRYING TO KEEP THEIR SPIRITS UP. BUT STILL, I THINK TOO MUCH OF NEESON'S BEHAVIOR IS JUST FLAT-OUT SHALLOW AND WEIRD. HE'S A CREEP----------

1994 days ago

annie

SAY WHAT YOU WANT..........NEESON WAS WAVING TO PHOTOGRAPHERS IN ALMOST EVERY PHOTO OF EVERY DAY AFTER NATASHA DIED. HE'S A SHALLOW IDIOT. AND IF HE'D DIED AND SHE WAS THE ONE WHO LIVED ON, SHE'D HAVE BEEN SO BROKEN UP, YOU COULD TELL THAT. SHE WAS ALWAYS GIVING HIM ADORING LOOKS IN SO MANY PHOTOS. I THINK THE SCALES WERE NOT BALANCED IN THAT RELATIONSHIP.

1994 days ago

Amber

You people who question Liam and his boys grieving time DISGUST me. I lost my father to esophageal cancer on Thanksgiving. My mom and I had to be the ones to decide to take him off of life support, and it took all day to reach that conclusion. At the hospital, we laughed, we cried, we screamed, we felt nothing, we were in shock, we were in disbelief, we felt everything. Throughout one day. Same thing happened at his funeral. And the same thing happened still. It has been 4 months and the wound is still fresh. It does not matter whether one dies of cancer or a TBI, any death is sudden and unexpected and those who are left to grieve, do so in a VERY personal experience. I rarely would cry in public, but I was seen smiling, my mom, on the other hand, was just the opposite. And other people in the family ran the entire gamut as well. To sit there on your large and lumpy ass and judge another human being for smiling and enjoying a sports game instead of putting on some public display of grief bothers me. God willing you will be faced in a situation where people deny your grief. You disgust me.

1994 days ago

F's sake, there are some judgemental bastards in here. I know some of your ideas of grief consist of holing yourself in a dimly-lit room with black roses and weeping while the rain patters against your window pane. When you care to join us in real life, you will see that life is not that way for everyone. His wife is gone, he mourned (and probably still is) and he has to move on.

P.S. - Stop being morons, you morons!

1994 days ago

I'm puking

They just seem eerily too happy to me. Liam waving at the paps on the day she died. Her sons smiling at her funeral. I don't know, just seems very odd to me.

1994 days ago

Mary

WTF! Leave the poor guy alone! Who's business is it anyway!!!!

1993 days ago

Eliza O

What a truly wonderful man - the loss of Natasha Richardson impacted me greatly. I don't believe I was as disturbed by the thought of my own mortality, as I am close to her age. I just remember being pregnant when she so, flipping through magazines and seeing lovely pictures of her. I also just saw her on Top Chef. She was one of the classiest, lovely, most vivacious "celebrities", even though I did not know her, she exuded everything luminous. I am sure that Liam and his boys will live happy lives with her spirit and because of the time they spent with her on this earth. Truly a loss to the acting community, and to the world. She was just lovely, and truly cared about the world, her family, friend, etc. I am still disturbed about her loss, and did not even know her, so I imagine her loved ones are truly mourning. Kudos for moving ahead with your boys Liam and living life to the fullest, just as your lovely wife would have wanted you to. God Bless.

1993 days ago

Lili Marlene

O.K., let's get this straight! Has any one of you had your husband or wife die suddenly at an early age? Well, if no, then shut the hell up! Because recently my husband died suddenly and unexpectedly at the age of 49. Until you go through something like this, you don't even have the right to judge anyone. I can tell you that the first week I was in shock. I actually went to work the next morning, after finding my husband dead on the bedroom floor the night before. You do what you have to do to get through. I only knew I had to go through my usual daily activities. Not sit home alone and cry all day. I still cried, just not in public. From what I understand Liam Neeson is a very private person and no one knows the pain he feels when he is there alone without Natasha. I'm glad to see he is trying to go out and enjoy life with his children. Also, I understand he is back to work. Good for him! That is just what you do, "One Day at a Time". There is no doubt in my mind that Liam loved Natasha madly! He is a great man (a real man, in my opinion!), great actor, loving father, and I'm sure a loving husband to Natasha. By the way, all you had to do is see Liam's grief stricken face, after he came back from taking Natasha off of life support, to know how much that man loved her!

1991 days ago

european film fan

I too noticed how they are smiling all the time (even at the funeral, and it's right, that WAS weird), but then again, look at him - Liam Neeson looks like he can barely keep himself going. I mean, these shadows under his eyes, and he's quite pale and looks like he hardly gets any sleep at all. I'm 100% sure he's grieving very, very much.

1981 days ago

Judy

It's good to see them enjoying the game. Yes, everyone handles grief differently and no one should be judged or critized for the way they handle it publicly. Respect and support, yes, definitely.

His sons, both of 'em look just like him, don't they? Wonder if they'll grow up to be big like him?

1976 days ago