Rev Run's Son Popped for Weed

5/9/2009 12:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rap legend Rev Run's teenage son Joseph Simmons Jr. was arrested tonight for possession of marijuana.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the 19-year old was seen allegedly buying the marijuana and rolling a joint while sitting in a car on Manhattan's Upper West Side. We're told he tried to get away by throwing his car into reverse, and nearly backed into the officer's car.

Simmons Jr, known as JoJo on the MTV reality show "Run's House," was also booked for resisting arrest, attempted reckless endangerment, and criminal use of drug paraphernalia.

Crazy Oldie

sad,,,it was a matter if time..wonder how it will play off on the show...oh wait...it wont be discussed since people on reality TV shows are "perfect"

Me oh My

Now we know that all black kids are not street smart. I wonder what Rev Run is going to do about this.

Still in Shock

Hey Rev....I'll be praying for you to get your son back on track...so he will stay out of trouble.

I know this must be very embarrassing for you and your family.

Peace!

Serah

ok Jo Jo you can't be sp wreckless. Be more slick than that boy!

crystal

why jojo why!

Tink44

No one seems surprised! Hahahah! I know Im not!

Still in Shock

THEY AINT GONNA DO NOTHING TO THIS KID. NOT EVEN HIS PARENTS.
HE IS JUST ANOTHER SPOILED BRAT LIVING OFF OF HIS DADDY.
NOW HE IS USING DADDYS MONEY TO BUY DOPE.
AND TO THINK THESE IDIOTS ARE OUR FUTURE!

1972 days ago

Prejean is a dumb whore!

Not surprised at all! Jojo is a spoiled brat!
Haha!!

Lisa-Centereach

Not a surprise....

pat

no surprise he was an $$%$^^ to his dad always rude and obnixious obviously Rev Run uses God for his financial gain

M.P.

Another win for Thuglife.

Slam

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

p1tey1

I'll bet Rev and Justine are so disappointed. I wonder if this will be on Global Grind? I guess JoJo is now officially a gangster. SMH

lilkunta

Wonder how this will be spinned.
Will Joe Jr support Gov Arnold & say marij should be legalised?

Joe Jr was stupid 2 sit & roll it in public. DUMBASS.
Then he tries 2 get away!

I wonder why he was caught? Were the police watching him? Or was his supplier the 1 under surveillance?

cherryblossoms

people are soo judgemental why dont you take your stupid comments elsewhere. You guys dont even know him only what you see on tv so stop being so immature. Do you know how many people smoke pot? Its not that big of a deal but just because TMZ posts it its supposed to be some big thing? I hope TMZ shuts down one day they are very judgemental and do you know how many people do hard core drugs and never get arrested? Now those people need help but some get free passes and keep on using, I dont think smoking weed is anything to get upset about, I have never done it but seriously just who cares?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments