Farrah Fawcett Dies

6/25/2009 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah Fawcett We've learned Farrah Fawcett died at 9:28 AM today. Ryan O'Neal and Alana Stewart were at her bedside. She was 62.

She died at St. John's hospital in Santa Monica in the ICU. Also present -- Farrah's longtime friend and hairdresser, Mila Murphy, and Dr. Piero, who has been caring for her.

Farrah's only child, Redmond, was not present. He's currently in jail. A petition will have to be filed for Redmond to be able to attend the funeral -- as of now, this hasn't happened.

The "Charlie's Angels" star was diagnosed with anal cancer back in 2006.

UPDATE: We've learned Ryan and Farrah did not marry during her final days. Alana Stewart, who has known Farrah for 30 years, said "she will always be there as that angel on the shoulder of everyone who loved her."

Ryan O'Neal just released the following: "After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away. Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

Farrah Fawcett

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Tray Bowie, MD

Heaven is no longer missing an angel. Your talent was truly phenomenal, and you had the most beautiful smile. You've touched my life since I was a little girl and saw you in "The Burning Bed." You are a true fighter, and now, you won't have to fight anymore because you are at peace. God Bless you and your family!!!

denise rick

I think that welldeserved said it best, I can add no more, only prayers for Ryan, Redmond and her faithful friend Alana.
God has Received a true Angel.

johnf

I to was born the same day and month as you,but sixteen year's later.I was shocked to hear of your passing,I thought you were getting better.You were a true Angel in life and will forever be."GOD BLESS YOU ANGEL".

Christelle

Un ange s'en va.
Repose en Paix

clubnick

I wonder if it was ever medically investigated as to the cause of Farrah's anal cancer. Years ago, Farrah created artworks using her body as a paint brush. I remember seeing images of her painting onto canvas using her rear end and she would actually sit in vats of paint, totally nude. I hope the paint wasn't toxic!

RichiesBoo

RIP Farrah! my condolances to the family. she will be missed dearly and forever in our hearts! she was an amazing actress! lots of love to you Farrah!

LAChic

The lovely Farrah Fawcett... May you rest in peace and feel no pain now that your long and hard fight with cancer is now over! You are an inspiration to cancer patients everywhere!

If anyone is interested, I found a website that lets you share stories and say your "goodbye" to her http://www.goodbye.us/

Tami (bubba)

God bless you Farrah. You were my inspiration growing up, and, you were my inspiration when I was diagnosed with cancer. You were a very strong woman, and a fighter for so long. May you rest in peace Farrah, and, now be pain free. I love you. Tami

s

She was such a beautiful and remarkable woman. She has accomplished so much in her life. We all can now say she is a true angel. RIP Farrah Fawcett you will be missed by many

PKM

Your pain is no longer,
Our hearts are so sad.
I feel terribly sorry for your dear sweet Dad.

Farrah you were gifted with something some never know.
You were loved by many while on this earth,
Your friends and loved ones returning your mirth.

Your pain and anguish are now erased.
We've been blessed to be shown your unending grace.
Perhaps gained through your tremendous faith.

Now when we look to the heavens we'll see,
The addition star in the skies that glimmers.
For you dear Farrah, are the one that truly Sparkles and Shimmers!

Bless You, as You have Blessed Us!

Vicky

I think it sad that the death of Fafrah has been deemed unimportant since the passing of Michael Jackson. Michael, although a great musician, led a life of turmoil and did not make wise choices. Farrah on the other hand has been a role model for people. She battled cancer for years. She experienced pain and hardships yet stayed positive and loved life. That's more than you can say for Michael. My heart goes out to the family of Farrah, especially because they have been treated as yesterday's news.

rpc from olmsted falls ohio

What a classy woman. To her family and friends my heartfelt condolences. One more angel taken from us.

Lisa

You have showed me how to be strong and to have hope. Even in your fight you were always thinking of others and showed so much grace. You are a role model for all. You fought a good fight and now you can rest. God Bless you Farrah. My God look over you and keep you with all his other angels were you truly have earned the right to be. With my love. Lisa

lily

Farrah what a class act. My sympathy goes out to Ryan and Redmond. Guess heaven needed another Angel...

Vicky

I am disgusted by the lack of consideration people are showing. I know they do it because they thrive on negative attention. Before writing the horrible thoughts you have in your mind, ask yourselves how you would feel if people were talking about your family like that? Shut the mouth and give the loved one of Farrah's the courtesy of kindess, during this time of THEIR loss. A human being has died, regardless of their accomplishments or lack there of in the eyes of onlookers.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments