Lampanelli -- Joan Rivers Roast Wasn't Worth It

7/27/2009 10:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a reason insult master Lisa Lampanelli didn't show up to the Comedy Central roast of Joan Rivers this weekend -- if she couldn't be in charge, it wasn't worth her precious time.

A week after Kathy Griffin was announced as the roastmaster for the event in Los Angeles, Lampanelli -- who's usually the headliner at these things -- dropped the following message on her Twitter page:

"No Joan Rivers roast for me this year. Not worth doing if I ain't roastmaster -- besides summer is for fun, not work."

Burn.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

Who the hell is Lisa Lampanelli?

zzz

Full of yourself much Lisa? Kathy Griffin is way funnier than Lisa.

F-Stop

They are both unfunny hags

me so horny

1. Who the hell is Lisa Lampanelli?

Posted at 12:50PM on Jul 27th 2009 by Joan Rivers
LISA IS SOMEONE WHO'S A HELLUVA LOT FUNNIER THAN JOAN COULD EVER BE, JUST BECAUSE JOAN'S BEEN AROUND SINCE THE DINOSAURS, DOEN'T MEAN ANYTHING!

ly9512

Kathy Griffin and Joan Rivers in the same room trying to be funny? God help us all.

The Judge

Kathy Griffin is a total hack. She is a -xyz lister. It amazes me that her plastic face and "nails on a chalkboard" voice haven't faded into obscurity yet...

buh-bye weiner party!

Is this sow for real? She should have been thrilled just to be INVITED to anything having to do with the LEGENDARY Joan Rivers.

I think she meant to say that "summer is for GORGING, not work" That would have seemed a more plausible excuse....though it would have been problematic because apparently winter, spring and fall are also for gorging at the trough Lampanelli spends all of her time at.

tracey

Lisa rocks!

Jennifa O Jenny

Lisa Laminelli has NEVER EVER been roast master OR the headliner when she's done these roasts. She just doesn't want to work this summer unless it's for something major. Can you blame her for wanting to enjoy her summer?

MADRADDER

Lisa isn't as much of a headliner as Kathy Griffin. Period. Get over it lisa. Not that I'm a big fan of Kathy's or anything, but you have to hand it to her, she wasn't a big hit at first. But she kept trying, and trying and trying...... She basically clawed her way from the D-list to somewhat of a high B-list I'd say. I kind of find her annoying, but I give her props for clawing her way to the top.

Jennifa O Jenny

You guys are so easily manipulated - TMZ tells u what to think and you eat it up like starving puppies instead of thinking for yourselves

Lovejac23

GO LISA! Joan is ....just...Blech...

Carl

Lisa might want to reflect on her level of fame when she gets bumped for someone with a show called My Life on the D-List!

MADRADDER

HAHAHAHAHA, like anyone would let TMZ tell them what to think. I love TMZ and all, but I don't consider it a real news source, it's more of a guilty pleasure sort of thing. hehehe.... TMZ has a very hateful, mean spin on most news about celebrities, but sometimes the brutal honestly is refreshing. It's a love/hate relationship I'd say.

Ashley