Jesse James: You Say Tomato, I Say Train Wreck

8/13/2009 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jesse James could've been a dead man yesterday afternoon when the train he was riding in collided with a semi-truck hauling a load of tomatoes.

Jesse James

Jesse and his 11-year-old son were among 279 passengers on the choo-choo as it rolled through Monterey County, California -- when it suddenly plowed through the semi which was inconveniently stopped on the tracks.

Amtrak and the California Highway Patrol confirmed no one was hurt in the ketchup-creating crash ... which would have made for some really, really awesome video.

James posted photos of the wreckage on his Twitter page, saying "This trip is turning out to be a real train wreck ... train was going 70 mph, good thing the truck wasn't Peterbuilt. Would have been Tragic."

kevin

i was on this train. no one felt a thing. on the other hand i did get a headache from the 7 hour delay that followed.

David

Dan Quayle spelled Potato Potatoe

Sassy

Lucky guy! Thats scary.....

What about the kids??

Glad to hear Jesse and his son are OK, along with all the other passengers. Man you think driving a motorcycle is dangerous, think twice....Jesse stick to your bike..:)

balls

We've stopped trains before with our bare hands. grow a pair, you maggot!

ace mcgee

Whoever wrote this article can't spell..Its tomatos Dan Quayle..Not Tomatoes..And it's Peterbilt not built...WOW...

Raymond

This would have been smashing to see

BTW I like toast and tomatoes

eb

there was no way he could have died in this accident. TMZ, please stop exaggerating!!! High speed traing against any type of ground transportation always equals train winning.

By the way ace mcgee, that word can be spelled both ways. Tomatos is used in England, and Tomatoes in America. I can give you that maybe the author was english and we are in America, but still both ways is OK.

Awesome Auger

I thought Jesse James robbed trains?

wishing they would just go the hell away!

#5 - You're right about Peterbilt, but wrong about tomatoes. Anyway, great endorsement for petes!

roniangel

Think again...it's tomatoes. Try spell check or the dictionary...works wonders.

Doug

Great, I suppose now they will make a episode of Jesse cheating death on a high speed train, and of course he's the only one that cheated death.

BabyGirl

How come every time I tell TMZ they spelled something wrong they correct it and then delete my post, but not this other guy's on here who told them. It is spelled Tomatoes BTW, Ace McGee.

Kate

HEY, TMZ.com do you have permisson to re-post Jesse James personal images off his twitter? How bout you take a second and add photo credit to the owner of images you have ripped off his twitter. PLEASE. http://twitter.com/frankyluckman THE semi was NOT a Peterbilt .

skhg

I'm so glad him and his son are ok but, other than that, I don't know what else to say. All I know is, I sure feel sorry for Sandra, and what she goes through with him being such a daredevil, and now this on top of it. He's such a nice guy! It's going to be sad if anything ever does happen to him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments