Michael Jackson -- Burial Announced

8/18/2009 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson The spokesman for the Jackson family says Michael Jackson will be laid to rest at Holly Terrace in the Great Mausoleum at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park on Saturday, August 29 at 10 AM. That would have been Michael's 51st birthday.

The ceremony will be limited to family and close friends.

Story developing...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

easy

why in the world would Michael want to be buried at Neverland? He needs to rest in peace. All his life he was mobed by media and cazy fans and those who wanted a piece of him to exploit him. All Neverland would do is bring more caos to his family. Again thank God for his sane mother and other sane family members who voted to bury him in LA. Now for the first time in his life/after life he will rest!

Kim Mulligan

It's about time. What on earth took so long. It's morbid waiting a month to bury someone. Crazy family...

Missy1555

I'm first!

raLU

so, can it be visited?

iwanttoholdyourbigtits

First Bitches..........lick me!!!

Trisha

Birthday Burial.

raLU

At least we know where he rests! Thanks God for that!

Fact Checker

I hope all will now see that Michael's mother is not trying to profit off her sons death. While the general public would of enjoyed a Neverland burial this would of been so disrespectful to Michael.

While he became a partner in Neverland Ranch, only time would of possibly told a different story or not on his feelings for Neverland. His wish to never go back were honored as those were is last feelings on the subject dispite what the public might want.

RIP Michael

The Source

It's about damn time. He only had to wait, what, 8 weeks for burial?

Cali MJ Fan

I always thought Glendale was the more appropriate of the two Forest Lawns. At least a decision has been made but I still don't understand whyyyy they are waiting until his birthday. That seems so, umm, morbid.

I think of his children and every year when they remember their father's birthday-- they will remember the times they spent with him and a funeral. That part seems so odd.

Larizza

it's about damn time

kitty

so joe jackson was right after all? i cant tell you how many articles i read that he was wrong and was just blowing hot air. glad the family spokesman finally confirmed it.

Jacs

That's a longggg time to bury someone goodness.

bye mj

#7 - Family Friend

your praise is premature and misplaced; they are not willing to respect his last known feelings on the subject of his will and the executors of his estate are they?

cheznaz

I am disappointed. I really believe Michael would have wanted to go to Neverland despite his anger and rejection of the place. Neverland was Michael's dream. It was his vision. It was a place where he wanted to be forever.

I am comforted by the realization that more than Neverland, Michael would want to live forever in our hearts and so he lives.

I will always love Michael. Now if only the autopsy results can be released so I can finally close this chapter.

Smile... what's the use in crying?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments