Only the Young

11/11/2009 2:19 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 60-year-old resurfaced at some event in Pasadena recently, looking amused.

Steve Perry

In 1998, Steve underwent hip replacement surgery.

In the last few years, the TV shows "Laguna Beach," "The Sopranos," "Glee" and the Charlize Theron 2003 film "Monster" have all used "Don't Stop Believin'."

Stephany

I still LOVE Steve Perry!! I saw Journey in early 2000's and it was still amazing.

j. stanley

No Steve Perry, No Journey!

Never was a fan of Maya

Aww, he looks good, stoned, but good.

Never was a fan of Maya

..."It is just crazy to see your once young vibrant hot a$$ rockers looking old."
Posted at 2:19AM on Nov 11th 2009 by I love rock -n-roll

I don't think he looks old at all. I think he's aging remarkably well, especially for someone who probably partied pretty hard in his youth. He has a sort-of glow to his skin and a shine in his eyes. And his hair looks nice, very healthy - I would kill for that hair (not literally, please do not send me hateful comments, folks).

Funny how two people can see something completely different in the same photo.

Fibb

He looks really Great, better than all of the TMZ staff put together. And He has more talent in him than all the crappy people here trying to put him down...On top of that Steve Perry is currently in the Studio working on a 2010 solo release...Plus he is richer than all of you losers here on TMZ....

Fibb

BTW, This picture of Steve Perry that TMZ stold to make their dumb point & money, was taken Backstage at the U2 360 concert at the rose bowl on october 25, 2009....Steve your looking 20 years younger, & all of your true fans can't wait for your new cd.....

annie

steve perry is the best,i am 62 years old still waiting for him to come back,one moe time,the baby boomers need him,hip or no hip,he,s got the voice,the new guy is great also, but not steve,they should have a concert and he just walks on and does his songs with the new guy,put it on hbo, all baby boomer,s who love perry will pay for it,we deserve it and him,thanks annie,pa.

thedogatemyhomework

He's working on an album? This is fantastic news. He doesn't need the rest of the band; any good studio musicians with some folks doing harmony can back him up. He is 'the voice'. I hope Perry includes a redux of a couple of his old hits. I find the 'New' Journey with the almost sound-almost-alike Perry to be incredibly creepy: makes my skin crawl. I just cannot look at the guy.

jsskak

He is my ALL time favorite! Love you Steve!!

Gala

Incredible vocalist!! And what a shame how the remaining members of "Journey" treated this man!! I HAVE NEVER LIKED THEM SINCE!! Steve Perry... you were Journey!!

Teri

Wow, he looks fantastic! I saw the new Journey and it's just not the same. Nobody's voice comes close to his....damn we miss him!

Pat

TMZ you left his solo "Oh Sherrie" off the list.

Helldorado

13. Journey is nothin' without Steve Perry. Sure, they got a new lead singer who sounds good, but it's not the same. When you lose your front man, the band is over. Same situation with Aerosmith right now. Without Tyler....no thanks. -Steve

Posted at 1:28AM on Nov 11th 2009 by MJFan4Life

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/11/only-the-young/#comments#ixzz0WYrJUTND

Ever heard of a few 'little' bands by the name of "Iron Maiden", "Van Halen" or "Black Sabbath" ....OR JOURNEY! (i.e. Greg Rolie was their ORIGINAL SINGER!)

Proof that once you switch out your 'front man' you can still do just fine. It's beyond stupid to think that just because you have a new singer your band is going to die. I won't even get into the number of bands that made it ONLY AFTER their original singer was replaced.

The problem with Perry is that he never made an effort to be 'a part of a group'. To keep a band (successful or marginal) together requires effort on everybody's part. Part of that effort is to become and remain best friends. A band is very much like a marriage and unless all parties are open and honest, its doomed from the start. 20+ years as a professional touring musician (with the same band I formed back when I started) I know what I'm talking about.

Cayenne

He looks fantastic! Cheers Steve!

scout1

Journey with Steve Perry is my all time favorite band. I love Steve Perry and his voice is the best. Come back Steve!