Only the Young

11/11/2009 2:19 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 60-year-old resurfaced at some event in Pasadena recently, looking amused.

Steve Perry

In 1998, Steve underwent hip replacement surgery.

In the last few years, the TV shows "Laguna Beach," "The Sopranos," "Glee" and the Charlize Theron 2003 film "Monster" have all used "Don't Stop Believin'."

Cayanne

The most wonderful people in the world have music in their hearts because Musicians like Steve Perry put it there.

Here's to the finest and greatest and must I say Profound Vocalist-Lyricist on the planet - Steve Perry!

Need I say more.

Thank you Steven for allowing this picture to be taken even though you probably aren't happy that it got posted without your consent. However, by the reception you are getting from it I am hoping you know how great it is to see you.

Wishing you all the best!

Barlafar

KellyinCA.

Steve if you're reading this WE MISS YOU AND WANT YOU BACK.. you look GREAT..and as a long time fan of Journey. I was at every!!! California Bay Area (San Francisco, CITY BY THE BAY.. area) Day on the Green show you did !! come on back to your music.. you have a talent you need to share with the world again!.. We Love you man!

ECfan

There is no one, no one like Steve Perry! He'll be back, wait and see. I love this man!

KellyinCA.

One more thing Steve.. my son plays Journey music.. your Journey music, Steve Perry Journey music. The second generation of Journey fans in my family is just awsome..It would be amazing to take him to see you in concert again! wow.. circle has come around its time to bring it all back.

KellyinCA.

Memories! I remember squishing my way to the front of his show holding up my bic lighter and waving my hands up in the air and singing along with him to every single song..the next day.. my voice was all raspy LOL what a great time!

Nance

I love Steve Perry....I have all "Journey's" music...I miss Steve so much.....No voice comes even near...!Good Luck Sweet Steve

Anne Curtis

When i was a young girl i had a very abusive step-dad. When the assaults were over, my ONLY solace was to go to my room, turn out the lights, put on my Journey albums. Steves voice and the words he sang would take me away to a safe place, where no one could hurt me anymore! Sadly, i was never able to see him perform. Maybe one day,if God is good, i will get to thank Steve, in person, for all he has done for me!

Uschi

Arnel is ok, but there is no voice like Steve Perry's. If he, Neil, Jonathan & the rest can't come back together, then I seriously hope he will put out a new solo album. My son & his middle school friends all love Steve & Journey. There is an audience just waiting to hear you again, Steve!

Karen

I still love him and I think he looks Great!!!!

Liz

Journey isn't Journey without Steve Perry. It's that simple.

unbelievable

Your the man Steve. Thank you for what you gave all of us.

K in CO

One of THE best pop/rock vocalists EVER! Would love to hear him sing again.

Perry Lover Forever

At 'some event'???? Who's doing this reporting? It was a record setting U2 concert.

I think he has aged very well and would certainly welcome the opportunity to hear him sing again.

As for "Don't stop believing"....It wasn't one of my favs back in the day and it is one of my least favorites now because of its overuse.

JeanE

He looks fabulous! I don't think his voice is in very good shape anymore from things I've heard and he is kinda feuding with Neal Schon and Jonathon Cain. I refuse to go see Fake Journey, no interest whatsoever without Steve. Love hearing Don't Stop Believin all over the place. Journey was and still is my favorite band of all time! We miss you, Steve!

MARIA

JUST REMINDER IF STEVE WASN'T JOURNEYS BEST LEAD SINGER WHY DO THEY KEEP REPLACING HIM W/ SOUND ALIKES