Only the Young

11/11/2009 2:19 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 60-year-old resurfaced at some event in Pasadena recently, looking amused.

Steve Perry

In 1998, Steve underwent hip replacement surgery.

In the last few years, the TV shows "Laguna Beach," "The Sopranos," "Glee" and the Charlize Theron 2003 film "Monster" have all used "Don't Stop Believin'."

MARIA

AS I'VE SAID BEFORE THERE MIGHT OF BEEN A JOURNEY BEFORE STEVE BUT PEOPLE ONLY KNEW OF JOURNEY AFTER STEVE. HE PUT THEM ON THE CHARTS HIS VOICE BROUGHT HITS. I'VE SEEN THE NEW LEAD SINGER HE IS A KAREOKE SINGER JUST LOOK AT ALL THE BANDS HE MIMICS ON YOU TUBE. JOURNEY W/OUT STEVE IS LIKE THE STONES W/OUT MICK. VAN HALEN TRIED IT AND WENT BACK TO DAVE. COULD YOU SEE JOHN LENNON BEING REPLACED WHEN HE WAS ALIVE

Nancy

Steve Perry is Journey. Period. He definitely has the "it" factor in my book. Everyone has a right to get older without criticism.

Roxy Kerr

Steve is the best singer of all time. I hope it is true that he is coming out with new music next year.
He is wearing the musical note necklace his mother bought him many years ago. What a sweet, gorgeous and talented man. I hope I can meet him someday so I can tell him how he has touched my life.

Kel

Steve the "Voice God" Perry has changed my life in many ways, he was the voice I would turn to whenever I was going through a bad spell,and just listening to him sing somehow always lifted my spirits.
He is not only still very handsome but he has the best Rock and roll voice still today!
I miss him so much.

Perrygodmother

Note the man does not hide his face.

Peace of mind. You can't buy that. Perfect example, thanks.

raisedonperry

You're getting too thin Steve. Get some meat on those bones!

Mary

Steve, you are still a very handsome man, and irreplaceable, no matter how hard they try. God Bless You.

beanierene

PLEASE, does anyone know STEVE PERRY'S the former lead singer of JOURNEY address? I would like to write him.

beanierene

Steve looks great.I love his hair.

Marylou

Steve will always look wonderful to me. I was blessed to see him and Journey live twice, and wish it could have been more.

I do hope the rumors are true that he will be releasing a new album this year. I understand February?? Nice Valentine's Day gift :)

Miss you Steve.

Kathryn

He is still as handsome and sexy as ever. Cant wait to hear his new album!

Kimberley

I love him--he's the BEST!!! I met him in Houston...he's definitely a CLASS ACT!!! A very KIND, GENTLEMAN.

Definitely one of the GREATS!!! Elvis, Elton John, STEVE PERRY

His voice and talent are timeless. His music will never die!

jamal49

As the song goes: "Hope I die 'fore I get old."

Jennypher/Visalia Ca

Steve Perry has such an amazing voice one of the most incredible voices I've heard....he amazes me, I don't say that often...I wish I could have experienced everything as it happened but unfortunately i was born to late, I was told that it was mass hysteria when he came back to Hanford and Visalia ....I want to meet him when I listen to his music it makes me feel so good....Journey is nothing without Steve Perry....I'm wondering when hell come back home to the Central Valley....I'll be forever your fan, Faithfully

Kat

After listening to many of his recent, 2010, interviews I find the more recent pictures more appealing. We have all grown up and he has weathered beautifully. Some how it didn't surprise me at all, really great bones.
I listen to his solo albums all the time, they touch my soul. I'm working on getting the ones I don't have on CD. I download a lot of it and burn it for my driving pleasure. My vinyls are getting old and don't compare in quality.
I'm a happy fan and am saving money for the eventual compilation that will be worth virtually any price. I am holding out for new music, with good reason thought.