Peter Jackson -- The Lovely Bones

11/27/2009 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Here's Oscar-winning director Peter Jackson (left) at an event in Rome Wednesday and back in 2004 (right) when he won multiple Oscars for "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King."

Success clearly has not gone to his head ... or waist.

James

He lost weight and travelled back to the 1980's. That's a neat trick.

Raejean

Where do you get the 80s part from, James?

doc murry

damn he needs to lay off the double cheeseburgers ,,he is getting fat

hahahaha!

He looks tired and stressed out, thinner yeah but not really a 'healthy fit thin', though hard to truly say with that bulky sweater.

Bren

At first I was thinking that the picture on the left was from 2004, and the one on the right from Wednesday. That is usually how people lay it out for before and after. He looks a lot better though! Kudos to him!

Landena

It is not easy to lose weight so good for him. I hope it is not because he is ill. He does look a little worn.

Kooky Fan

Peter Jackson you look great and are a GENIUS! Keep making movies!!!

Icebaby

Holy crap that's him? well good for you. By the way Peter, I gotta say those Lords of the rings movies sucked! But you'll still have my support for making DEAD ALIVE!

Dean

Woow, what a change.... He looks slimmer and better looking now than in 2004, still need a good haircut !

Kimberley in New Zealand

In respose to James in San Diego - That look has nothing to do with the 1980's! Its the height of fashion in New Zealand!!
Believe me, for a NZ guy, he is dressed up in that photo. I have no idea what on earth he was wearing in that 2004 photo though?!? Strange :-p

R

He looks fantastic. He better stay off the burgers.

Grammar nazi

He didn't get big during Lord of the Rings because he did a cameo in Heavenly Creatures (I think his best movie!) well before that and he was pretty big.

Anyways, he's looking great!