« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods

'I Had Affairs, I Cheated'

2/19/2010 4:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods just finished giving his 13-minute, prepared statement (click here for the full transcript). Highlights are below.

I Had Affairs 1Tiger Woods mom hugs tiger woods-- Tiger described his behavior as "irresponsible and selfish."

-- "I was unfaithful. I had affairs. I cheated."

-- "I have bitterly disappointed all of you ... I am so sorry."

-- "I thought I could get away with anything I wanted to ... I thought I was entitled ... I don't get to play by different rules."

-- "As Elin pointed out to me, my real apology to her will not come in the form of words; it will come from my behavior over time."

-- "I ask you to find room in your heart to one day believe in me again."

-- "I do plan to return to golf one day, but I don't know when that will be."

-- "Starting tomorrow, I will leave for more treatment and more therapy."

-- "Parents used to point to me as a role model for their kids. I owe all those families a special apology."

-- Tiger Woods says he wants to get back to his Buddhist roots.

-- "I have bitterly disappointed all of you ... I am so sorry."

-- About the paparazzi: "Leave my wife and kids alone."

-- Tiger said he has never used performance enhancing drugs.

-- "Elin didn't hit me that night or any other night ... Elin deserves praise, not blame."

-- Tiger apologized to the people who work for him and his foundation.

-- Tiger Woods hugged his mom and went down the line hugging each person in attendance.

-- Among the people in attendance: Tiger Woods' mom, longtime friend Bryon Bell, and PGA Tour commish Tim Finchem.

Tiger Woods Pictures

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

okerry

He sure wasn't worried about protecting his children when he was out chasing every whore from Orlando to Bangkok. He was just as unavailable to his kids as he was to Elin and was ignoring all of them. People who betray their spouses betray their children, too.

Sherry J.

This apology was all for show for the public and the sponsors to repair his image and so he doesn't loose anymore endoresements. I don't believe Tiger is sincere and if he was so sorry, he wouldn't have done the disgusting things he did with those skanky ho's to start with. No, Tiger didn't owe the public an apology, he owed his wife and children an apology, but he will not repair his image to my looking no matter how much he belly aches to everyone. I can understand Tiger Woods mother loving him and standing by him, but don't act like he didn't do anything that bad, you know he did. I don't give a rats A@@ about golf, Tiger Woods, or any endorsements he might loose, he is already a millionaire and most Americans like me are worrying how we are going to pay our electric bills and put food on the table, and this unthankful brat wants more money to add to his wealth. I hope Tiger's wife divorces him and takes most of the money, she is a million times better looking then the gross A@@ pigs he fooled with. It is like I always say, men will cheat on their wives with uglier women, which I don't understand.

J D

He should say I'm sorry to all the women he lied too!This guy is a dog!!!!!!!

Amy

I think this is between him and his wife like he said it is about his family. It is sad what he did, even worse all those women cashing in on the story but now it is time for him to move on privately. I compliment TMZ for letting me watch it on their site and also the fact that they did not make any rude, obnoxious comments. That is professionalism right there. This is a personnel matter that was public unfortunately his kids will one day find this info on internet and pics online and then he has to relive this whole experience again.

ShesextremeRacing

Sometimes you don't realize how much you love and need someone until you almost lose them. Which is happening to him right now. He is getting a dose of reality and he has to stand all on his own...probably pretty scary to be THIS CLOSE to losing everything.
I understand his mistakes. he could have cheated a trillion times, but you dont feel the pain till that ONE time it takes to get caught.
Good luck and learn...

Cindy

Tiger, blow it out the other HOLE!!!!you will do this cheating again, if you get the chance!!!! you are just sorry you GOT CAUGHT!!!! Elin, you will have to attend every trip this guy goes on away from home. you will have to put a TRACKING DEVICE on his CROTCH!!!!! is Tiger worth it??? you can GET THE MONEY anyhow without all this bother.....

Terri

I think that if he said 'Yeah, Elin beat the crap out of me, but I deserved it' he would have gotten a standing "O".

Tres

"Tres, oh I see......everyone is picking on poor, abused victim Tiger because he's black and not because he's an immoral dirtbag. The man is married to a beautiful, faithful woman and has two beautiful children thanks to her. He's not the handsomest guy around, you know, and from reading about him he's got a lousy personality, very egotistical, conceited, and appears to be a sociopath. Oh but we must not criticize him because he's black. It would mean we're racists, right?

haha"

POOR TIGER NOTHING!!! HE'S A TOTAL DOG,LIAR AND CHEAT!!! DON'T GET ME WRONG. MY POINT IS THOSE SLUTS KNEW HE WAS MARRIED. IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO. HE WON'T BE THE FIRST OR THE LAST MAN TO CHEAT. BTW,BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER. THAT'S ALL I'M GOING TO SAY ON THAT ONE,BUT NO WOMAN/WIFE DESERVES TO BE CHEATED AND HUMILIATED THE WAY ELIN WAS. I DON'T KNOW THAT SHE WAS FAITHFUL AND NEITHER DO WE. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT GOES ON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. ALSO,I NEVER SAID YOU OR ANYONE HERE IS RACIST. YOU DID. I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH YOU FOR THE MOST PART. HE ALWAYS CAME OFF AS AN ARROGANT A$$ TO ME. I NEVER LIKED HIM,BUT FAIR IS FAIR. HE DIDN'T COMMIT A CRIME. IT IS MORALLY WRONG,BUT ASKING FOR HIS HEAD OR FOR HIM TO BE LOCKED UP IS ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS.

longshowerz

Why would ESPN put on a "Body Language expert"? how lame! She is obviously trying to plug her book and what is she talking about Tigers forehead not showing any lines, LOL give me a break... Tiger I'm sure has showed alot of emotion over the last few months to the only ones that matter "His Family!" Why is the Media so hungry for emotion or tears??? Sounds like to me the Media are the ones being selfish now! If Tiger showed emotion critics would say its fake , and since Tiger did not show emotion to there liking they say he's not sincere, he can't win either way with the media... Media and so called experts just shut up and let Tiger and his family deal with this privately!

Brittney

Whoa, that was STIFF. I gotta make a T-shirt that says BOOTYISM

It's clear that his penis misses them hos.

I cannot believe that Elin wouldn't divorce him, I don't think I could ever have sex with someone who cheated this much. Come to think of it, had he cheated with just one, that would have done it....

Jennifer

Tres, who is demanding Tiger be locked up or beheaded? Why so dramatic? Quit exaggerating. I wish he would just go away with his whores to an island somewhere so we'd never have to hear about him again. Speaking of ludicrous, that's what he is.

a realist

Why should anyone believe a word this man says? As his wife said, it's his actions that will tell the tale. He is a liar, cheater, master manipulator, all skills he has fine tuned and will NEVER be able to escape.

danny

hes full of crap !!!! i dont believe one freakin word he said ! hes a poor excuse for a father,and husband.....role model for kids??? my ass !!!!

MelP

I don't care what he says or how he says it. He's still a douchebag.

Roger C

The sappy, fake press conferences still work on the dim, uneducated American population. The poll numbers are proof of this. WOW, how did so many of you fall for this well-rehearsed publicity stunt?

Tiger will screw up again. Elin will regret it. This man is a professional philanderer. He can't help himself.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments