Drugs in Brittany Murphy's System

2/25/2010 6:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County Coroner has released the drugs that were in Brittany Murphy's system when she died.

Coroner: Brittany Murphy Took Simon's Drugs

According to the report, "Multiple medications were present in the blood, with elevated levels of hydrocodone, acetaminophen, and chlorpheniramine. L-methamphetamine was also present."

The report goes on, "It should be noted that the pattern of use of these medications suggest treatment of symptoms of a cold or other respiratory infection. Acetaminophen and hydrocodone are components of Vicodin. Chlorpheniramine is the active ingredient in some over-the-counter medications. L-methamphetamine is a component of some inhalers."

We broke the story that the Coroner believed Brittany had pneumonia and tried self-medicating with prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs ... and it ultimately proved fatal.

The report states, "The possible adverse physiological effects of elevated levels of these medications cannot be discounted, especially in her weakened state. Therefore the manner of death is Accident."

UPDATE: There were 24 empty prescription bottles found at the scene for the following medications: prevacid, clonazepam, propranolol, vicoprofen, zolpidem, carbamazepine, klonopin, Ativan, hydorocodone (Vicodin) and multiple vitamins.

Also, three benzodiazapines found in her bloodstream did not match up with prescription bottles found in Brittany's name.

Duh

Harvey, why are you trying to make her into a drug addict. It is TMZ making her into something she wasn't. She was sick. What the hell. I take more drugs than that when I am sick. And maybe she didtn't throw those bottles out because of all the dumpsterdiving paps out there....making her into an addict. Shame!

mike

News? I had pneumonia with upper respiratory infection once, I could not stop coughing. The doc prescribed hydrocodone, it was the only thing that could stop my extremely painful and raw cough. He gave me a bottle of 100.

Laura

Obviously no 30 year old dies of cardiac arrest for no reason. Seems like this took forever to come out. She died almost 3 months ago. Too bad

thomas

#1. KLONOPIN is the band name for generic klonazepam
#2. forensic testing for benzos is very difficult..most except for ATIVAN are metabolized into diazepam (VALIUM)

Mary

There is a GOD!! Thank God, she had enough sense to put the wills in her lawyer safe. That husband of hers is no good. I tell you he had a hand in her death or delay in getting her proper medical care.

She died a premature death. But I am glad he will not get a dime unless he has a unpublished insurance policy.

penelope

okay, i get it. you are rich. you have access to lots of drugs. but at least do them right. all these young stars dying from mixing benzodiazepines and opiates. so sad. your heart can only slow down so much before stopping.

Jennifer

So sad. :(

Tim

I know this isn't the breaking news that disrupted TMZ live. I mean seriously?

Geoff

ok, back to tmz live please

dime

Omg Im shocked!!-sarcasm

KitKat

Just so sad...

Darren W. Wood

This aint news. Is TMZ only every other day now?

Boopy

Chlorpheniramine combined with hydrocodone is Tussionex, which is used for upper respiratory infections. Not exactly wild party drugs.

me

Thats the breaking news that you canceled TMZ live for? That she had drugs in her system, which we already knew. If you don't want to do it anymore, then don't. Thats a stupid reason to cancel it. Do you ever not do the TV show because of stupid crap, or is that just a special treat for the online viewers?

ride

For real? Breaking news?... No TMZ live for this... I guess I´ll bail on you guys now. For a change.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments