Corey Haim -- Vicodin, Valium, Soma Found

3/11/2010 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the 4 pill bottles found in the apartment where Corey Haim collapsed yesterday included the generic versions of Vicodin and Valium ... and the same doctor prescribed all 4 powerful meds just days before Haim died.

Law enforcement sources tell us the pill bottles retrieved in the apartment of Haim's mother are hydrocodone (Vicodin), diazepam (Valium), haloperidol (an antipsychotic med) and Soma (a muscle relaxer).

We're told all 4 meds were prescribed by a prominent Los Angeles psychiatrist. Sources say all 4 meds were prescribed the same day -- several days before Haim died.

Matt and Levi's Trip to the Zoo!

Matthew McConaughey and his son Levi took a special trip to the Central Park Zoo -- Check out Levi's day with Dad!

Alexander McQueen's Final Collection

Fashion visionary Alexander McQueen's final, uncompleted 16 piece collection debuted at Paris Fashion Week.

With a somber atmosphere set to operatic music, the line was only shown Tuesday to a small crowd of elite fashion editors.

McQueen died February 11.

Color Me Bad

Can you guess which celebrities took their hair color to a whole new level?

Celebrity Hair Color

Fun With Faces

Sometimes celebs drop the glam and go with goofy -- check out which stars went a little wacky!

Funny Faces

Celebrity Side Eye

There is no sneakin' up on these stars -- see which stars are watching their own back!

NNana1

My question is...why give these kinds of drugs to an addict knowing his past history of drug abuse.Corey was a fine actor,I love all his movies.It saddens me that this young man at an early age experienced drugs like so many others in Hollywood ,look at all who has lost their lives to Drugs. Drugs& alochol is a killer...it's a social thing to most...stay away from it,stay clean and sober ..live life !! Corey Fieldman & his wife tried to help .I know he will be greatly missed by the Fieldman's plua many others...God Bless this family

Red

Why did a psychiatrist prescribed a pain killer and a muscle relaxer? They should not be prescribing this type of medication.

OldTimer

To post this Megan Fox thing at such a time as this is totally out of line. You should be castrated putting it mildly. A person has died and you see an opportunity to have someone visit your web site? WTF?

Alvin

ODing on drugs is not a tragedy, it's ludicrous. I have no sympathy for any dumb ass oding on drugs. I don't care.

tennwilliams

Number 10, that is a kind of naive, responsiblity dodging, attitude you have there. With the unbelievable amount of coverage that every Hollywood failure story gets, how can anyone say that they don't know the dangers of these medications. Just so you know, nearly every medication known to man comes with a bit of risk involved. This is not the fault of the healthcare system! If you shoot yourself with a gun, you cannot blame Smith and Wesson. I don't know what killed Haim, but given his track record, the thousand other sad Hollywood stories, and my personal vast, experience, I'd say the fact that HE was irresponsible with his drugs is an okay assumption.

travib

Another obvious question. Why would a head doctor prescribe pain pills and muscle relaxers? It don't make sense.

heather siron

as long as the celebrities throw large amounts of cash at these doctors they will provide whatever they want! sad but true....

PISSEDOFF....

We only hear about this when it is a celeb. that dies. The truth is,DRUGSTORE JUNKIES ARE GETTING TO BE COMMON PLACE.

Patricia

Who the hell cares how many of these's idiots die.I sure as hell don't give e dam.I think everyone in hollywood is on some kind of junk.The law looks the other way when it comes to actors.

travib

Number 20 I see what your point is, and I did note in my comment that he made his own choices. I am not trying to blame the health care system entirely, but they share some blame. Even a bartender with morals will cut you of at some point. And explain MJ? Explain pian pills and muscle relaxers prescribed by a head doctor?

travib

I garantee you people without sympathy would feel much differently if this was one of your loved ones. My uncle is a severe alchoholic if he asked me to pick him up a beer I would flatly refuse. That is what a person should do. We are all our brothers keeper if we fail to remember this all hope is lost.

juney

I have to stop clicking on links only to find out it's TMZ! Can't believe anything you say; it's all slander and libel; why do you insist on disparaging people after they have DIED!

g gemeaux

No, doctors are NOT "too quick to over medicate patients".
When people with genuine chronic pain try to get a proper strength and quantity of medication to bring pain relief so they can continue to function in life, it is next to IMPOSSIBLE. You have to jump through so many hoops and go through so much hassel when getting the meds that it is ridiculous. Every time someone dies of an overdose, accidental or purposeful, it makes the situation even more difficult for patients who actually really are in pain and have legitimate need for pain meds AND are under a doctor's regular care and supervision.
It is the responsibility of the individual to take the medicines properly. It is the right of the individual to take their own life it that was their intention.
People please remember that taking drugs,whether legal or illegal, is a choice that is made by each person for their own reasons. It is not up to you to judge or police others. Each of us lives in our own skin.
Pay attention to your own lives and let others live theirs.

Maria

I thought maybe "celeb docs" would have learned after MJ, but apparently not.

Michael Jackson

Now its everybodies fault that Corey is now dead. Wow anouther Michael Jackson thing

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments