« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kentucky Wildcats Give Fan B-Day to Remember

3/19/2010 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The University of Kentucky Wildcats celebrated their thrilling SEC Championship victory last week with dinner and a cake at a local P.F. Chang's -- and then proceeded to give that cake to a UK birthday girl.

Kentucky

Rebekah Sams and her family were dining at the Lexington restaurant that night when her sister asked Patrick Patterson (above, in the grey) -- a star forward and Rebekah's fav player -- if he would come over and wish Rebekah a happy 16th birthday.

Patterson did three better: he got the team to sing her "Happy Birthday," gave her a signed ball, and gave her the team's celebratory cake. Wonder who's in her Final Four brackets?

Rebekah told us: "It's hard to imagine ever having another birthday that will be as memorable as this one!"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Just a Fan

It's my daughter's 21st birthday today, but I can't stop smiling when I read about this girl's special birthday! Happy 16th! I HOPE the CATS get to celebrate #8!

KYGIRL

Our cats are special! But Patterson really is a true gentle giant! UK basketball players are like rock stars this year they're so talented! But to give this girl there SEC Championship cake was sooo sweet! It warms me that they are so thoughtful! I hope they go all the way, especially for Patterson - his first two years just weren't what they should have been with the coach prior to Coach Cal. So for him especially I hope they get to cut down those NCAA nets!!! It's really been an exciting year here in Kentucky!

bigbluefan

Happy Birthday, Rebekah! I hope these memories last you a lifetime of happiness. Glad to see that smile....I don't know if I could have stayed so composed. We in Kentucky are very proud of our "class-act" basketball team. Go CATS!

wtf

That's cool. It's nice to see a positive story every once in a while.

that.is.all

Nice. Happy Birthday lucky birthday girl.

brenda

A classy move on Mr Patterson and the Wildcats part and a happy birthday to Rebekah.

Wombat

It's a happy story now...but as soon as he signs a big bucks contract with the NBA, she'll be on the news "He put his paw-paw in my pee-pee when I went to the ladies room...wahhhhhhh!"

pdxmike

But wait! No blood? No broken promises? No crushed dreams? This can't be news!

really?

wombat: not funny, just offensive. you could have kept that lame ass joke to yourself.
***
this is a very nice story, gave me a big smile this morning :D

doc murry

its strange on here noone has comments about something nice and good..now I am going to pull for this team to go all the way ,,,good story and way to go guys.....

#1 UK FAN

WE LOVE OUR CATS!! GO BIG BLUE!! THIS IS WHY WE LOVE OUR CATS!! I'M SO PROUD TO BE A KENTUCKIAN AND A #1 FAN!!

Pattik

Kentucky wildcats are the best! Go Big Blue!!!

UK Fan

Patrick Patterson is one of the good guys - doesn't get into trouble, decent grades, does charity work. Doesn't surprise me that he would get his team to do something nice like this. Classy thing to do guys!

Can you imagine what that team ball will mean to this girl when Kentucky wins it all!!!

Sylvia

Classy group of young men! Good luck Cats!!!!!

will

Harvey you need to get some CUZ (cousins) in on some tmz dude!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments