Joel Osteen Invites Conrad Murray for a Pray Date

5/9/2010 12:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pastor numero uno Joel Osteen will have a special guest at his weekly sermon today -- none other than Dr. Conrad Murray.

Sources tell TMZ the doc accused of killing Michael Jackson has been invited into Osteen's inner sanctum at Lakewood Church in Houston, TX.   We don't know why Osteen personally invited Dr. Murray.  In fact, we're told Dr. Murray isn't sure why he was invited either ... although he's an active member of his Houston church.

We're told Murray will arrive at the church in the morning and go in through a "bunker-like" entrance -- and he won't be given the entry code until just before he arrives.

HotIce

@ 17: "Oh, you mean Muslim heaven?"

As 4 the Douche who thinks MJ is a pedo: get a life, stop obsessing over Michael. His only mistake was being extra nice & kind to people.

Dana

" With all that security, it's almost as if Murray has a meeting with ... nevermind."

Guess who I think!!
A clue...is not Elvis or Jesus...!!
Love you Michael !!

aaa

Who pay for Murray's security for so long?

Who are the persons behind Murray?

Greg

"18. Please there's no need to disrespect a certain individual or a certain Faith. I'm a Muslim & I find ur comment extremely offending."

Dude, I was just citing surahs 52:24, 56:17 and 76:19 of the Quran. If you got a problem with it then take it up with Muhammad.

Tellit

Most of you are probably aware that Osteen is pastor of Lakewood Church, Houston, TX which ministers to a congregation of approximately 44,000 weekly. It is the largest congregation of any church in the US. reaching 10s of millions viewers (if not more) worldwide with it's Sunday televised services alone.
Osteen is held in high esteem among most of his religious peers. He is not just some fly by night tent revival Bible thumper.
I've watched and admired him for years.
Tune in this AM for this service. You don't want to miss it.
I will definitely be watching.
Google Osteen, and Lakewood Church, Houston for more info.

janalal4

"Almost as if he has a meeting with...nevermind". LOL! Clever TMZ. Not to mention a good way to throw out a line to get the 'he's alive' crew going:)

I think Osteen did this for Tiger Woods too if I'm not mistaken. Conrad, your in good company. Fallen 'celebrities'. Murray should enjoy this. It's part of why he no doubt took the job with MJ in the first place, to be part of the inner circle of a celebrity. Not to mention he thinks it might make him look contrite in front of a judge & MJ fans. Yeah, right! As if judges haven't seen criminals 'come to Jesus' about a million times.

Frankly I think this man is sorry for NOTHING except the fact he got caught. No matter the outcome of the trial, he'll be hounded the rest of his days. If he's convicted(which I believe is inevitable), then the wrongful death suit will be a slamdunk & his financial future is OVER. By the time he pays all the baby mama's & the Jacksons, he'll be living in a one room dump of an apartment somewhere. If convicted, he won't be able to profit from any books, screenplays, etc. He's 'shady' so he'll probably do what O.J. did & manage to break the law yet again & end up back in jail. His life is over & he KNOWS IT. He's praying out of desperation.

FOX HOLE PRAYERS!!!

sheila

@ Greg ... LOL Well done !!!!!!!! I am still laughing

janalal4

22. Well Michael Jackson fans I hope you realize that Conrad Murray is coming out with the big guns now.
I've watched and admired him for years.
Tune in this AM for this service. You don't want to miss it.
I will definitely be watching.
Google Osteen, and Lakewood Church, Houston for more info.

Posted at 3:11 AM on May 9, 2010 by Tellit

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/08/joel-osteen-conrad-murray-lake-wood-church-sunday-michael-jackson-lakiewood-church/2/#c32060...69#ixzz0nQVUHfVZ

Tellit

Osteen himself initiated and extended this invitation to Conrad Murray.
Conrad didn't request one.
These are no "Foxhole Prayers". Conrad Murray has been a longstanding member of his own Houston church congregation. Prayer is nothing new to him.
And, should anyone forget, Conrad Murray has administered to Houstons poor and indigent community for some time now.

Voted 4 Obama and Completed my Census

@#13 I wish.

Joel may have had a problem with Michael before. Who knows. I like Joel. He is actually my favorite. I guess he deserves to feel whatever way he wants.

Tellit

25. Well thank you. After all, we're just a bunch of idiots on here & had NO IDEA who Joel Osteen is if not for you Tellit. LOL!
Posted at 3:24 AM on May 9, 2010 by janalal4
_______________

Oh stick your tongue back in your face janalal4. You aren't the only reader or poster on TMZ MJ threads. There may be many who aren't familiar with Osteen/Lakewood Church or not know how to go about getting more information.
Don't sound off like a damn smart assed idiot janal if you don't want to be regarded as one.
Good ole janalal4, still the same ole.....
Your welcome.

janalal4

Osteen himself initiated and extended this invitation to Conrad Murray.
Conrad didn't request one.

Posted at 3:33 AM on May 9, 2010 by Tellit

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/08/joel-osteen-conrad-murray-lake-wood-church-sunday-michael-jackson-lakiewood-church/2/#c32060...73#ixzz0nQax5Dx7

I don't care what he did for 'the sick' & 'the poor' of Houston & don't see the point of your argument. What did he do for Michael Jackson? Your trying to paint this guy as 'religious' & 'charitable' when what he did to another human being was done out of GREED. What could it possibly matter what he has done in the past, how often he went to church, how many people he 'helped'? What about the one he 'accidently' killed? These are the actions of a competent, concientious, & caring physician? MJ might have asked for the Propofol but Murray had the greater responsibility in this matter as the PHYSICIAN & he KNEW IT! He did what he did for MONEY & not because he's such a caring, great guy. Let's not gloss that fact over. The physicians I have worked with over my 25+ years wouldn't even THINK of acting in the manner Conrad Murray did & yeah, most of them attend church too. So what.

Daniel Mountain

Reminds me of Dr. Phil offering his services to Britney Spears

Inviting a high profile name (such as Dr. Conrad) helps increase church membership/attention. perhaps afterwards Joel Osteen can invite DMX and teach him how Jesus can keep him off the crack pipe

The media is a powerful thing and Osteen knows it

Daniel
danielmountain.com

janalal4

Good ole janalal4, still the same ole.....
Your welcome.

Posted at 3:45 AM on May 9, 2010 by Tellit

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/08/joel-osteen-conrad-murray-lake-wood-church-sunday-michael-jackson-lakiewood-church/2/#comments#ixzz0nQeWQ0nN

LOL! THAT'S funny. 'I' am the smart ass?? I read your 'dripping with sarcasm' posts & watch you harass others on here if you think they are the slightest bit 'less intelligent' than you are(in your case, of course, you thing EVERYONE is less intelligent than you). Every day your on here ad nauseum. YOU can respond to everyone else but when someone responds to your posts, you get all pissy. That's pretty hilarious Tellit.I don't like you & I don't like the way you treat other posters on here & the way you demean them & their opinions. 'Put my tongue back in my mouth'-how typical of you. You might intimidate some people on here but you don't intimidate me.

btw-I'd say MOST people know who Joel Osteen is Tellit- but that's just how arrogant you are. To think they don't.

Friend?

What he’s done, he’s done. What does he want, forgiveness for taking Michael’s life, from Joel, Good? First he must pay for killing Michael, before asking for forgiveness.