Murray's Visit to Osteen Church Not for PR

5/10/2010 2:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joel Osteen's right-hand man tells TMZ Dr. Conrad Murray was indeed invited to come to Osteen's church yesterday "to pray and worship," and met with Osteen privately before the service.

Dr. Conrad Murray
TMZ first reported Osteen invited Murray to the service.  Someone from Osteen's media relations department told us it was a PR stunt, but the guy who runs the PR department says that's not true.

Donald Iloff, Jr., the Chief of Strategic Operations for Osteen (and Osteen's brother-in-law), tells TMZ, "Dr. Murray did call the church to speak with Osteen a while back but Osteen was not available.  Osteen's rep then invited Dr. Murray to yesterday's service."  So, Dr. Murray truly was invited.

Iloff says Murray met privately with Joel and Victoria before the service.  We do not know what they talked about.

After the meeting, Iloff says Dr. Murray attended the service.  "He was really engaged in the worship service," Iloff says.

mjfanalways

michael i love you most.miss you and your handsome smile.love and hugs michael.

MrsBettyBowers

Joel Osteen never does anything that isn't for cash or publicity.

I'm still waiting for his biggest publicity trick: When that smarmy little weasel finally comes out of the closet!

dd

2 Losers who can't get their stories straight!

silk

Not for PR? Maybe Murray needs to confess to Osteen for sins he might have committed.

please

Joel Olsteen is a positive, uplifting and a good guy. If everyone watched him on Sunday nights the world would be a better place.

dd

#28 God does not condone greed or taking a life because of greed.

marson

I know as a christian person I have prayed for god to take the anger out of my heart that has ate away at me since I learned what Dr. Murray did to Michael, so it is likely he would go to church and ask god for forgiveness. I would be having nightmares of burning in hell for killing MJ if I were him. I would be begging for any prayers I could get. I understand hell is not the best place to have to spend a eternity. So let him go the all the churches he wants. He will need all the help he can get.

His Prince Michael

O.K., O.K., I've held my peace, long enough:
I do not know very much about Joel Osteen, but, I have seen a few
of his television broadcasts. I know he is the son of a preacher,
who dedicated his life, to serving The True and Living God.
Mr. Osteen, like many aspiring Christians, is carrying-on his earthly-father's ministry. The few sermons that I've heard Mr.
Osteen preach, were truthful to The Word, of God.

If, Mr. Osteen reached-out to another Christian-brother, in his hour of great stress and worry? Then, Mr. Osteen, has set a great-example for all: Jew, Christian, or other.
You see, Mr. Osteen didn't just preach The Word, HE LIVED IT.
May The True and Living God, bless them BOTH.

Wing Too

Should be interesting to see how that turns out. Wow.

Lou
www.anonymous-posting.us.tc

Siggisis

It is common knowledge that many criminals "find religion."
Mostly to bluff family, the public, lawyers, judges, juries, prison personel and Parole boards.

There ya go.

And this IS a PR stunt, you are not fooling MJ fans, Dr. Murray. You are so transparent. You would have done this in private if it was not a PR stunt. Pathetic.
End of story.

Chic

Pastor Osteen is a reputable Christian Leader and I do believe that
Dr. Murray is upset about Michaels death but you have to be very careful with people suffering with sleep deprivation.

Love You Always Michael RIP

Just sayn

there is no need for a PR stunt.
Anyone who heard the Dr. speak shortly after the event could hear and see that he is a deeply believing man. He turned himself over to the energy of faith and has since depended on that faith that all will be as it should be. I think his heart is willing to take on whatever FATE hands him. He is stronger than most, he is human.
As far as the church, it is one of the better energy gathers of faith that is out there. Myself.......I believe but I do not go to church, SIMPLY because faith is within your self and that energy that you attach to.......keep it simple and stop judging. If only I could spell.

Ghost

Crooks with Crooks...yeah right...COMPLETE publicity for both...MORONS...

Grump

Well Hi Kimmie
Well Are You Grump Today Or Kimmy
Or Grumpy Kimmie?
Or Kimmie Grumpy
Make Up Your Mind
Oh I Forgot You Can't
You're A Female

Posted at 11:17 AM on May 10, 2010 by OhWell

Greetings ALF,

Sorry ALF not kimmie, I just liked the pet name she gave you, thought it was hilarious! Gave you a face, you know the whole toupee thing.

janalal4

My mother may she rest in peace had to sleep with her pocketbook under her pillow because of her children's addictions. Since I was the alcoholic I didn't need to rob anyone either. I could just go to the local liquor store and make my purchase. I had a great career, got up every morning, did all the things a mother should do. But I also had the plans made up in my head about when I would be able to get that next drink.

Michael Jackson was never 100% there for his children, he was high or going to all his doctors so he could get the drugs he needed to get high. What you said and I what I said are exactly the same, only difference is, is the way that we said it !!!!

Posted at 6:42 AM on May 10, 2010 by Barbie

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/10/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-manslaughter-ed-chernoff-miranda-sevcik/4/#comments#ixzz0nYBOE7qO

What I said was that I didn't 'abuse' my children. I didn't say that I didn't 'damage' them due to my addiction; just as I PROMISE YOU THAT YOU ALSO 'DAMAGED' YOURS DUE TO YOUR ALCOHOLISM; that is if you consider being emotionally unavailable to them 'damage'. THAT is why I made amends to my son. We both went to counseling & I may NEVER know the full extent of the 'damage' that was done.

I'm rather confused though. You seem to imply that there is a 'difference' in an addict & an alcoholic. Both are substance abusers. Why do you imply that MJ had the drugs & IV's actually 'around his children'. The fact that he was receiving his drugs & infusions in a guest bedroom seem to imply to 'me' that he was going the extra mile to make sure his children WERE NOT exposed to his drug use. You may check these facts. He DID NOT receive treatment from Murray in HIS bedroom at night. The night he died, he died in the guest bedroom & the IV supplies were found in that bedroom.

Barbie, no matter WHAT you may tell yourself, there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL between an addict & an alcoholic. An alcoholic may find themselves homeless, on the street, & in an alley somewhere begging for money from passersby to 'support their habit' just like an addict. In fact, look around. You see it everyday out there on the street in the world. The only difference is the 'length of time one uses which will directly impact how far down the scale one decends into their addiction/alcoholism'. YOU may not have abused your children but because of your alcoholism YOU were also not fully emotionally available to your children just as I was not because of my addiction. That is called neglect & there is no way around avoiding the truth of that sad fact.

You talk about this huge 'grand canyon' difference between addicts & alcoholics. No there is NOT. It doesn't matter how 'functional' you think you were, you had as many amends to make to YOUR children, as I did my son if you were an alcoholic when they were around you.

Also I'm curious as where you read or heard that MJ 'HAD DRUGS ALL OVER THE HOUSE' & 'THAT HIS CHILDREN WERE EXPOSED TO THIS'. I have not seen anything at all that confirms this. Are you simply 'assuming' that was the case?

Addiction & Alcoholism is the same thing. I'm not sure how you got 'sober' or what meetings, or rehab center you went to but if you went to AA you should have already been aware of this.

You say Michael Jackson was not 100% there for his children. Barbie, if you were an alcoholic YOU were not 100% there for yours either. It's a basic fact of family life with a substance abuser. It doesn't mean you didn't do your 'best' at the time but your 'best' was not the same as 'your best as a sober individual' which means your children were 'short changed' just like MINE were & just like MJ's were.

By all accounts, it appears that MJ was an excellent father, that he was very 'involved' in their lives, that he provided them with excellent learning opportunities(HE, not the nanny, took them to the library, to museums, to the zoo, etc). Now how much of their intelligence, their good behavior & manners, etc. 'HE' as opposed to others, can take credit for is anyones guess but if there is ONE thing that we can definitely assume as FACT where Michael Jackson is concerned, that would be that 'he was a good father' because EVERYONE who saw them together, witnessed the interaction between them, watched MJ WITH his children, actually SAW FOR THEMSELVES his abilities as a father, all say the SAME THING. There has not been one single report that he was neglectful or abusive in any way. Quite the contrary, that he was a very good father. We don't have any FACTS or EVIDENCE that contradicts that, unless you know something that nobody else does. Therefore, how can you speak about what his children were exposed to, what they may have witnessed, what they think & feel about their father?? I can't, you can't, none of us on this board can. What we DO have are countless reports that he was one of the best parents that all who speak of him say they have ever seen.

Do I believe that they MUST HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY MJ'S DRUG USE IN SOME CAPACITY? YES. An addicts children are ALWAYS affected. Sometimes, it is not evident until later in their lives. Just as I believe that YOUR children(if you were an alcoholic that is) MUST HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY YOUR USE. Sorry but that is what they mean by the catch-phrase, "An addict, is an addict, is an addict......" That includes alcoholics TOO! Just ask ANY ADDICTIONOLOGIST IF YOU ARE RELUCTANT TO TAKE MY WORD FOR THAT.

I am simply saying that if your going to 'judge' MJ as harshly as you are in r/e to his 'parenting ability' as an active addict then you must also be willing to acknowledge that chances are that when you were also in your 'active addiction', you WEREN'T ANY BETTER OF A PARENT. Sorry. Many operate under the assumption that there is somehow a difference between 'Addiction' & 'Alcoholism'. THERE IS NOT. Like I said, fact check that with any Addictionologist. You don't have to take my word for that.

Posted at 11:09 AM on May 10, 2010 by janalal4

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/10/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-manslaughter-ed-chernoff-miranda-sevcik/6/#c3208626#ixzz0nYFjA0EN