Joel Osteen -- Dr. Murray Invited Himself

5/10/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joel Osteen's people are ticked ... saying they didn't invite Dr. Conrad Murray to Osteen's service yesterday -- Dr. Murray invited himself.

Joel Osteen
According to sources connected with Dr. Murray ... TMZ first reported Osteen personally invited Dr. Murray and even gave him a secret code to enter Osteen's Houston church.

But Osteen's rep tells TMZ they were approached by Dr. Murray's people who said the doctor was in need of prayer and Osteen agreed to pray with him.

One of Osteen's reps griped to TMZ, "It seems like this was more of a PR move than seeking actual prayer."

UPDATE: A rep for Murray says the good doctor attended the service "at his own free will." Murray, in a statement to TMZ, said, "I was grateful for the blessings, prayer and words of encouragement I felt during services.  It was a spiritual moment for me, personally ... I sincerely express my thanks and gratitude and will continue to remain strong in my faith."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

tis_ruthy

lol

janicebyrne

Murray is obviously getting really desperate. The sign of a guilty man. As for Joel...hopefully he'll be praying for some better dental work.

zippy

figures, murray is idiot, ihope he loses his license and everything he has and goes to prison for the next 30 years, he is such a publicity whore, oh well justice willprevail one way or another

tis_ruthy

Conrad looks scared.

HumanNature

I knew it was a PUBLICITY STUNT!!!!!

DR DEATH KNOWS WHAT HE DID WAS WRONG!!!!

ONLY A GUILTY CONCISOUS WOULD SEEK PRAYER!!!!

DR DEATH'S LEGAL TEAM HAS NO CASE!!!!!

ZERO!!!!

FOR CRYING SAKE, COPE A PLEA AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!!

King of TMZ

When you combine a hypocrite with an evil advocate you'll get what's called a stuck up Christian.

Justice for Michael.

Barb.A.

I knew it. Murry's people is putting him out there in hopes of gaining sympathy for him. PR stunt.

janicebyrne

Conny the Killer knows he's guilty and he's getting really desperate. Too late.... It's all a massive PR job on his part. Shame on this lying piece of s***.

HumanNature

Dr Death

The most common lie is the lie one tells to oneself, nevertheless, tricks and treachery are the practices of fools, they don’t have the brains enough to be honest!

tis_ruthy

what secret code? Thats not true.

andy

Haven't decided which one is more "creepy" ! ! ! One of these persons took thousands of dollars from people to put them to sleep. And, . . . Dr. Murray is fairly scary, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steve

wow, whatever the reason, seeking spiritual help is personal, the reason behind it is not up for us to interpret, that's Gods job. I wonder if osteen outs others that come to him. sorta what that pseudo religion ( scientology ) did to tom cruise. i mean God has the power to turn a bad thing into good. does osteen not practice the thing he preaches , be patient, wait on God

tis_ruthy

Is it just me or does everything on here have a double meaning and most of it is sexual, even the comment section

myself

His lawyers do not help either. So full of making a public show. I so wish they were smart enough not to make this into a show.

Anyway, i questioned this from day one.....what was Ed Chernoff doing there with Murray? Doesn't that speak for itself? And that doesn't leave Osteen out of being a media-whore as well. Both of them are just looking for attention. But i have to say Murray's desperation is not helping him much. It makes him look so very guilty.

andy

Okay, my friends (sounds like John McCain???), the joke was, that BOTH Osteen & Murray put people to sleep for thousands of dollars. Come on, . . . it's okay to laugh!!!!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments