Mac the Knife

6/15/2010 3:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 68-year-old resurfaced at some event in L.A. on Monday, looking smart.

0615_memba_reveal

Mac co-starred with Nick Nolte in the 1979 film "North Dallas Forty."

Davis has been married three times.

SaraBellum

He looks worried for some reason.

gb1205

Oh Lord, its hard to be humble...BTW, North Dallas Forty was by far the most realistic football movie ever made.

Tired of toxomom

I remember seeing him at a dinner show in Tahoe when I was a little kid. He was so very funny.

Rayna

At least he did something about the eyebrows,,,or did they go bald?

Sue

Always loved Mac. and his songs

ohdee

He looks like Al Bundy's father.

the Pat-Mann

I honestly thought Davis passed away a couple of years ago. Well, good to see he's still around.

BTW, I agree with gb1205 100%. "North Dallas Forty" is the BEST Football movie ever.

reader

Tanya Tucker dated another star and then left him for Mac Davis..or was it the other way around.

Shutupanddrive

Here's what happened - Mac's wife left him for Glen Campbell, who later married Tanya Tucker or maybe he didn't but at least Glen and Tanya had a wild thing going. Always loved Mac Davis - he had beautiful words to his songs.

Stacy Harris

#8 refers to the story suggesting that Mac Davis' second wife, Sara Barg left Davis for Mac's best friend, Glen Campbell.

Years ago, when I interviewed Glen about that and several other matters for COUNTRY SONG ROUNDUP, Campbell told me that the supposed relationship between he and Mac was exaggerated; that he and Davis had never been "best friends" but more like acquaintances who had occasionally played a few rounds of golf.

Later I did a chronological interview with Mac for a COUNTRY MUSIC PEOPLE career retrospective, simply mentioning Davis' marriages in passing (as career and geographical markers, if you will).

When I did so Davis got testy. Mac didn't mind talking at all about such things as, at one time, having the same producer as with Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs, but he did not want to reveal his first wife's name (Fran Cook). And when we got to the Sara era Mac told me that if I so much as mentioned "her" name that the interview was over.

I didn't- and it wasn't.

Two evenings later when I ran into Davis again I reiterated the focus of the retrospective, referring him to other similar ones I had written. Mac apologized to me indicating that some tabloids had sought interviews under false pretenses and that as our interview progressed and later ended he understood my intent was to address a mainstream publication's interests.

Needless to say, after the article was published there were no complaints- not from Mac, his handlers, his fans nor my readers.

Stacy Harris
Publisher/Executive Editor
Stacy's Music Row Report

Fritz

correct meif I'm wrong at one point didn't sara mac's wife marry john denver and annie denver mary mac Davis?????

Peaches

OKAY...........LETS SEE A PIC WHEN YOU IDIOTS ARE 68 ! ! GET REAL, STUPID MORONS..............YEAH THAT'S WHAT I SAID......EAT IT....

Mimi

I always loved Mac's voice and his music. Beautiful.

ricochet

No, Mac's wife left him for Glen Campbell.

LOVED Mac then and love him still. Class act with talent!

kristy

I don't know about the first 2 wives; but the one he is with now he's been married to for a LONG time and she is wonderful! I should know..she is my aunt!! Mac is a great guy!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments