« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jennifer Capriati Hospitalized After Apparent OD

6/27/2010 9:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0628_jenn_capriati_getty_ex_04TMZ has learned former teen tennis star Jennifer Capriati was rushed to the hospital early this morning after paramedics responded to a call for a possible overdose.

Sources tell TMZ the call came from a hotel in Riviera Beach, FL. Capriati was transported to a nearby hospital.

TMZ spoke with Jennifer's father who tells us she's recovering well.

Capriati won 14 career titles, including three Grand Slams. She also won a gold medal at the 1992 Olympics.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dana

How sad, I hope she gets the help she needs!

Chia

So sad. I hope Jennifer gets the help she needs and get's her life together.

SNAFU

All the fame and glory just can't seem to buy some people happiness. Sad really. Hope she's OK.

xd

Get well Jenn! It happens to the best of us. Fill the void with love as best you can. That's what my experience has taught me. Create reasons (kids, friends or pets) to stay healthy. My dog is a reason I am still here.

xd

Hey TMZ you morons! Create an abuse button and delete these insensitive idiots comments will you.

jxtr

It's sad to know she is back on drugs again.

dd

@8 What kind of drugs was she on before?

benice

Glad she survived...get well Jen..life is worth it!

Observer999

I checked out the Wikipedia article on her, and all it mentions is a marijuana possession charge decades ago, but it does mention depression.

I hope she has the support to get through this.

pammie8

Terrible! What is it with all these people oding lately?

Superman

Damn, just when you think somebody turned their life around, then they muck it up again. Drugs and alcohol hurt most of her career and now she wants to go back to it. What a shame!

No comment

Get well... she had a lot of pressure and expectations put on her tennis career when she was so young. She had drug issues dropped out of tennis for while then returned. I suppose its a fine line of pushing like the Williams sister, or pushing where a person breaks like she did when she was a teen. Good luck...

Fontana39

Well, hell, this new smart phone is smarter than me, lol. Damned the man that got me this! LOL! OK, am I good to go for alerts because I am just about frantic about Jennifer!! We shared serves once. I aced her once and was 15 years her senior, lol. Now that was fun!!!!!

Fontana39

She is truly a legend in my eyes. Great athelete and I sure hope that whatever it is, she recovers. Love you Jennifer and get well soon!

Peace, Fontana

xd

Thank you TMZ!! for deleting the insensitive comments and advertizing. An abuse button might work faster.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments