Joan Collins:

Good Genes or Good Docs?

9/5/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

Alexis Carrington Colby aka Joan Collins is still one fierce diva.

0903_joan_collins

Here's the 52-year-old "Dynasty" star back in 1985 (left) -- and 25 years later, the 77-year-old version at an event in London this year (right).

Getting old is not a bitch.

Christina G.

It's no secret she's had a lot of plastic surgery, but she looks damn good for 77.

balance63

wow she looks better now than she did back then. Some top work there.

Carvey

Both good genes and good docs. Same with her sister.

Quincing Snuff

Joan Collins only looks about 62 ysr old. Certainly not 77. She ( Like Raquel Welch) went to a great surgeon because they both look like themselves and have no extreme body parts.

Thank GOD they didn't go to that freak Doctor (Frank Ryan) who died a few weeks ago in Malibu, You know. The one who's responsible for the likes of those monsters, Gary Busey, Axl Rise, Heidi Montag, Lisa Rinna, Joan Rivers, Janice ****inson, etc etc...

She was always hot and sexy, and considering she and Liz Taylor were friends from back in the day, and Liz was ten times more famous, Joan must have been snickering to herself that Liz's looks began to fade in the late 60's.

Joan has bested Liz in the looks department since about 1970. Joan never had to have makeover's from ever being fat , Like Liz did in 1986, nor did she ever let herself go. An d then Joan had the huge fame from Dynasty, while Liz was doing nothing but "supposedly dating" (aka acting as a beard for) Malcolm Forbes and then marrying that loser Larry Fortensky. Liz may have had the early fame , but Joan had beauty her whole life, and to any normal woman, that's what counts.

You go Joan. You're awesome.

B

If I ever have plastic surgery, I want her doctor to do it. Dang!

Change 2010

She looks great ,but You can't have it all I guess because Her hair is very thin and She's wearing a wig in both shots.

Change 2010

She's wearing a wig in both photos.

Change 2010

I think She drew Her woman scorned/Alexis material from Her affair/break up with Warren Beatty which was quite painful and humiliating for Her.
I think that's why She has a bawdy sense of humor sometimes too.It covers the pain.

CelebSkin

It's good genes and good docs. Back in the 50's she was a stone cold fox:

martha garcia

Actually in these pics..she looks better now! I loved Dynasty..that was a good show.

Erik

VERY good docs. Nice to see someone who doesn't look like a cartoon character (cough, cough Joan Rivers, Lisa Marie Presley, Kenny Rogers).

SexybrownGirl

its a mixture of both...I mean..she is beautiful!

shle896

Obviously she has great genes because she was one of the most beautiful Hollywood starlets EVER and I'd say she looks as good as she does for pushing 80 because of those genes, those doctors and definitely those makeup artists!

No denying it, she's a beautiful woman and if she's had some nips and tucks along the way, so what? We put braces on our kids' teeth, so what's the difference? It's ALL cosmetic and any good looking broad over 40 in Hollywood has had something done and if they say otherwise, they're blatant LIARS!

I have a lot of respect for Joan Rivers, who isn't ashamed to tell the truth! And it may be politically incorrect to say so, but if I was her age, I'd LOVE to look like her! She's 77 and looks terrific! The wrinkly, saggy alternative is just gross, so why not have it done if you can? Go Joan('s)!!

Lucky_130

good blood/DNA, hahaha

Rayna

I loved her in Dynasty. I always got mad when they had vapid Crystal best her in those overused fight scenes. Every one was rooting for Alexis. I had no idea Joan was 52 when she did the show. I didn't do the math and thought she was about 40, and looked good for 40.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments