« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Barry Bonds to SF Giants: Beat Philly's Ass!

10/14/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101310_barry_bonds_v2_stillBarry Bonds doesn't just want his former MLB team to play well against the Philadelphia Phillies in the upcoming NL Championship Series -- dude hopes the San Francisco Giants "beat their ass!"

Barry was out in Santa Monica, CA yesterday gushing about his former squad  ... telling us, "I don't really have fans in SF, I have family ... so if you think I'm going for Philadelphia ... forget it!"

And even though he spent 7 seasons with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Barry told us, "I'm a Giant for life!"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

CelticOne

Well, Bonds is entitle to freedom of speech but I CANNOT wait until he has to eat it because the Phils are going to crush the Giants! Go Phils!

Droolski

The "City of Brotherly Love" once again rears it UGLY head and shows it's true underbelly. I've lived in both towns and Philly is filled hate, negativity and racism. SF all the way, gonna be a great NLCS with fairly evenly matched lineups... great starters on both, Giants have the edge in the bullpen and Phillie has more consistent offense. Game on!

And as far as Bonds, he's still loved in the Bay Area. There are many reports that did not travel beyond SF regarding the many positive things he's done. He was a surly SOB with media, but they are mostly idiots anyway. And on the topic of his "performance enhancements" I feel he was juiced, but so were many others... not saying that is okay, just that competition drove players to it in most cases. He was a great player who didn't need to "cheat" to excel, for that reason I've personally lost all respect for him when the facts did finally surfaced. Oh well, it's just baseball... get over it!

Ana

Bonds Fan For Life!!! GO GIANTS!

DANIELG

Barry is loyal to fans, that were loyal to him! The Giants will take the Philly's out in 5 games. Fear The Beard 2010!

415

GO GIANTS WHIP PHILLY'S ASS! This is the place where legends are made. Giants all the way

Brotherly Love

Remember the last time the giants won the world series Barry? O yea....that's right....go Phils!

G

WE LUV U TOO BARRY!! AND WE MISS YOU!
LOVE, ALL UR FAMILY IN SF

G

Why r Philly fans such class-less, raging low lifes?????

Tiffany

shut up, bonds! none of us in sf like you. go giants!

Nichole

This is to all the negative comments about Philly.. WE are not class less we are passionate. Also to the one who said this city is filled with hate. Last time I checked that does not make a GREAT BALL CLUB. People focus on the city (which is not perfect). Instead of looking at all the great talent that the Phils have, you are judging the team based on an ignorant opinion. Oh yeah Philly is gonna take in 5.

DANIELG

People in Philly need to GET A LIFE, and need to stop relying on their sports team to fulfill their happiness! It not the whole countries fault that your city is a DUMP of negativity!

aaron stevens

Bonds is clearly wasted in this clip....this is Bonds after many drinks.

beebe

way to represent, Barry. GO GIANTS! GO GIANTS!

Jeremy

This was an awesome comment from Bonds. Screw all the haters and bashers. I have a bonds jersey and I wear it proudly. Go giants and screw all the steriod filled trash talking phily fans!!

Philly Girl

SF fans are fairweather with their teams my friend.Once a Philly Fan, always a Philly fan! We will win gain!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments