T.I. Checks Into Prison -- Inmate #59458-019

11/1/2010 5:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. has officially begun his 11-month stint in an Arkansas prison -- law enforcement sources tell TMZ the rapper checked in "sometime this afternoon."

T.I. Jail:

If you recall, T.I. was sentenced to 11 months behind bars after his drug possession arrest on the Sunset Strip back in September -- an arrest that caused law enforcement officials to revoke his probation stemming from a federal gun conviction back in 2009.

A spokesperson for the prison tells us T.I. will go through the normal process -- which means he'll be processed, pose for a prison photo, and will be given a bunk assignment.

As for the shower issue -- we're told T.I.'s prison has a community shower situation.

We're told T.I. will have access to a television room for general viewing.

T.I. will be issued a standard prison uniform -- khaki trousers, khaki button down shirt and black shoes.

Inmates at the prison can make phone calls -- but they're limited to 300 minutes per month.

Story developing ...

1101_TI_free_footer

writenow

Meanwhile Charlie Sheen negotiates new, multi-million dollar deals. Can you spell M-I-S-O-G-N-Y in our court system?

writenow

P.S. I can but that was a joke. It's not out-right hatred of women. It's sheer disdain.

NTV/NAT Group, Ltd. (ntvnat.com)

Seems fair. His wife was just busted last week for the same thing. Seems like he didn't learn from the first arrest; still stuck his bear paw in the honey jar while on probation.

Makes that suicidal man on the ledge event look awfully suspicious.

CCC

Keep your back to the wall and don't drop the soap, TI. This isn't going to be a fun ride.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

It will give him some new mqterial to rap about whem he gets out..like
1.man my rear hurts bad
2.dont fall asleep with your mouth open
3.my girlfriend sure was ugly but i miss her

MIDNIGHT TOKER

wow one should not type while getting buzzed

JLS

And yet little LL is in a cushy little rehab situation for the FIFTH time after violating her OWN probation. So wrong...

Sin D

This will be good for him...to get better,reflect on life, learn to sing or make real music.

MIKE

T I WHO!

Robert

This is right where this black trash bag belongs !

Superman

He must be the token celeb going to jail. Who am I kidding? The justice system has little pity for rappers. They are not celebs in the eyes of judges.

anon

Let em go!!!!!!!

joey

T.I and his wife were at least honest!!!! not like lindsay lohan and charlie sheen and all those liars

Chris

I think he went back for the hot showers and dropped soap.

Rachel Rothechild

Somebody is laughing their arse off on this since. I can picture the arresting officers, the DA the list goes on. He fits the term "I'll be back." I fel sorry for him and his family. His stupidty and arrogance that nothing will touch him is so apparent so much much so he has 11 months to figure to mature himself.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments