Death Threats Targeting Bristol Palin, Mark Ballas

11/22/2010 5:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas have received death threats and "Dancing with the Stars" has measurably heightened security ... sources connected with the show tell TMZ.

Bristol Palin Death Threats
We're told the threats began to come in last week, after Bristol and Mark made the finals.  Execs on the show told Mark to stop tweeting because it was inciting people.  Mark complied.

Sources connected with the show tell us extra security will be on hand tonight for the show.  And, if Bristol and Mark head to New York, execs are talking about breaking format and not doing their interview outside in Times Square -- but rather in the studio, where it's more secure.

TMZ broke the story ... a staffer on the show opened a "fan letter" to Bristol on Friday and white powder fell out.  Turns out it was talcum powder, but the FBI is investigating nonetheless.

As one source said, "Everyone is genuinely worried.  This is a dance competition, and it's just gotten crazy."

Kylie

Death threats? I find it extremely hard to believe that people like me who strongly believe in left leaning, "people first" policies and mentalities would threaten a young girl over a dancing show. This smacks of a setup.
Im not angry at Bristol. Just confused as to why one of the weaker dancers made it to the finals of a dancing show over stronger contenders. Thats all.

Lee

Every one asks, why do you think she is a star? Shes not an actor, singer, or an entertainer,etc. so why is she on there for, can any one answer the queation everyone is wanting to know, and being on her moms little do***entary doesn't make her or any other Palin a star.

justme

I am sorry, but Bristol has the mouth of a sailor, no offense Navy, but she does. I hope she washes it out before she see that baby boy of hers. She really needs to act like an adult, if she wants to play an adult

Jmac

She is not a great kid, great kids don't get knocked and then try to preach chastity. Great kids don't call other kids gay or ***gots. That's not a great kid, that's white trash.

tlb1974

307 maybe she isn't trying to preach but show teens how hard it is and making sure they no she made a mistake by getting pregnant but stood up to her responsibility and didn't abort it. Abstinence is the only way to be 100% sure you won't get pregnant that is all she is telling them instead of glamorizing it like 16 and pregnant does. Also it was Willow that made that comment not Bristol.

tlb1974

305 I agree with you but she was asked by the producers she didn't ask them same way with Todd Palin and they asked him first. That isn't her fault though and so she still doesn't deserve death threats. And 304 there are just as many crazies on the far left as there are on the far right.

tlb1974

@301 So you are saying that liberals aren't accepting, yeah I can see that although I'm an indepedent that is fiscally conservative but socially lean a little more liberal. I don't remember asking anyone to accept the Palin's politics. My point is you bash her for her weight yet say nothing about Kyle's bash her for having a child as a teenager but have no problem with the fact that Brandy did too only difference she lied and said she was married too. So you don't like her great then don't watch her.

b

This is an entertainment show first! As dancers go over the seasons she is the most improved so I give her that. She is not a politician, she is not an actor, she is the child of someone famous, and now famous herself. She has done nothing other than improve each week and step out of her comfort zone. Who writing any of these comments can say they would or have done this. She is not trained like Jennifer Gray (and I love Jennifer). She is not a Disney kid also trained (and he is fantastic). She has done well considering. People should get out and vote rather than complain.

boohoo456

I don't think that anyone hates you Bristol, its just that you can't dance, you have no rhythm, your stiff, you have no oomph, I hate to tell you this, but I seen trees swaying in the wind that dance better then you. Go home and take care of your son he needs you not his grandmother you can probably teach him better values then her.

justme

Martha

It amazes me how the left pretends to be all for peace and love and yet time and time again are, as a whole, a most vile group of people. This is a competition for FUN. No, she is not the best dancer. But, she has improved quite a bit and she is a very likeable young person who has given her all. For all of you who say she can't dance apparently haven't been watching.

julie

I'm willing to bet money this is Sarah Palin's doing to get more attn from the media.

DizzKid

Well maybe if she was winning legitimately, this wouldn't be a issue. It still pretty funny too see people take this show so seriously though. And when has young parenting been respected as a good thing? The only people who are voting for her are, single mothers lost in translation, young women for stupid reasons, and the "LOL" tea party. I hope she loss, but I'm pretty sure she'll take it.

fleur

White Tal*** Powder.......a death threat?

R.Martin

@310: I did not make fun of Bristols weight. I think she is a lovely young woman with quite a nice figure. I call her "Crisco" because of the greasy, slick way the Palin's manage to play themselves as victims. The sad part is that you fall right in. Have you ever noticed that everytime the Palins are around they are whining about how they are treated. This is the same people who called Obama a terrorist, encouraged racism and violence, denigrated a teacher that did not agree with them and bad mouths 50% of America every chance they get. They are horrible people.