Miley Cyrus -- We, The TMZ Jury ...

12/11/2010 1:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Thousands of TMZ users have strong reactions to the Miley Cyrus bong video we posted Friday. Some people think she's a L.I.T. (Lindsay-in-training) ... others say the only difference between Miley and your garden variety 18-year-old is that Miley is wildly successful.

So we gotta ask ...

Ashley

Whoever voted that Salvia is worse than alcohol is an idiot.

ralph

No head-to-head of pot/K2 versus salvia? From what I've heard, salvia is a wildly incapacitating drug, not simply a high.

Laura-C

If she starting going downhill in her life once she found out her parents were getting a divorce and it could turn bad, she should have had some common sense and took some time off to be away from it. If she has any gut instinct she could have looked at it like this: If I go to this party and want to get messed up, who will be there? Should I ask them to put their phones away?

If this Saliva only lasts a short time and she wasn't doing what is said the symptoms are, then what was she on, if anything at all? Was she just doing that to fool people that this drug makes you act like that but did other things? Perhaps she doesn't care if people are recording her, she's in a downward spiral inward that she doesn't care what people catch.

When people say that every teenager who turned 18 went wild and partied, you have to put into consideration of those who didn't do those sorts of things. I was a subtle teen and didn't do those sorts of things so you can't say every teen did drugs and drank (legal drugs or not). Granted I smoked pot but stopped after a couple puffs and thought, 'This is dumb to even do this' and put it down. I went to a couple parties but knew I had to go home so I only had a couple and spaced them out so I'm not fumbling all over the place. There is a difference and it depends on the person.

You don't see pictures of Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez or any other stars like that, of age that didn't go out and get trashed. That's the difference between being raised to think of things clearly, follow your gut and use common sense and being left to your own devices (in comes in dating a 20 something when you're only 16 and so on). Her parents are to blame for not watching her closer when she was growing up, where were the rules?

mstanqueray

She's eighteen and it's her life. She can do whatever she wants. Just don't watch her or ban it from your kids if it scares you so much. Tired of people depending on television to raise their kids. Do your job parents! Your children should know that their only role models are their parents!!!

send Lohan to jail

Thinking back to when I was 18, I definitely did some things that my parents would not be too proud of, and that included experimenting with drugs- mind you, it was only pot (no snorting or injecting for me!). I come from a good family who has morals and ethics and I don't consider myself to be a bad person or a "badass"- FAR FROM!

Now with Miley, she is doing what most teens do- they are learning about life and things that happen in it. But the thing is, no matter if you are famous or not, DO NOT LET ANYONE TAPE OR TAKE PICTURES OF YOU WHEN YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING!!!!!!!!!! That was Miley's biggest mistake. I don't know what was in the bong for sure, but hopefully she doesn't experiment with anything harsher and doesn't let people in her life that are not trustworthy...that will be the hardest things to watch out for though.

Rolex sucks

LOL @dirty ass mofo in the background eating frosted flakes right outta the box!

Chaye Brown

I DON'T THINK MILEY CYRUS SMOKING SALVIA IS SUCH A BIG DEAL. TMZ U JUST MAKE FOOLS OUT OF YOUR SELFS. YOU SHOULDN'T BE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT A EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL IS DOING,IN FACT YOU SHOULDN'T CARE WHAT ANY FAMOUS PERSON IS DOING. IT'S THEIR LIFE AND THEY WILL LIVE IT THE WAY THEY WANT TO. NO ONE SHOULD JUDGE OTHER PEOPLE OR EVEN TAKE OR RECORD VIDEOS OF ANYONE ELSE'S LIFE UNLESS THEY WANT IT DONE..... THANK YOU FOR READING

en Todo Momento!!

i'm sure miley cyrus reflects the more average teen these days than a totally uber-holy (non existing btw) teenager. i highly doubt that she'd be successful by pretending to be morally uber selfrighteous. anyways, her target market is probably 8 to 14, who of which are not even concerned with drugs and the like.

Cheryl Hurst

I think she was smoking pot not salvia. There's a gal in the back ground holding a box of cereal. Munchies which I know you get from pot, plus she got high quick.

lol people

Posted at 11:34 AM on Dec 11, 2010 by Chaye Brown

your definitely on the wrong website.

Kate

Guys, I don't know how old you are, but stuff like this is a normal college-age occurrence. Not saying it's good, I personally don't smoke anything. But if that is all she's doing then she's better than some of my friends.

And like one person said, this could most definitely be a publicity stunt. I doubt she is that stupid to let a person, who if this is real should not be trusted, record her doing something that would hurt her child-friendly image unless she wanted to appear more 'adult-like'.

And to the adults freaking out, yes Miley is in the public eye so she should better manage stuff like this. But do you really think that a lot of the college-age kids (even a lot of high schoolers) you know aren't doing the same exact things? Get real.

Richard

A bad thing for a role model for younger.. With the Parents getting divorced, she may be reaching out or just doesn't care anymore..??

suki

LOL, i bet this is just a prank! so obvious.....

Marie

I can predict Miley Cyrus' future.In a few months Miley Cyrus will move on to smoking marijuana,then crack cocaine,then shooting heroine,then drinking vodka after vodka.She will sleep with a lot of Hollywood actors and directors and singers.Her movies and her cds will flop huge.She will be on the cover of every tabloid magazine.Unfortunately she will die young from a drug overdose and finally after death she can be famous like Marilyn Monroe or Anna Nicole Smith.

Jonna

Who cares, she is an adult. Drinking is worse, seeing as she isnt old enough to drink and how often do you hear people dying from Salvia versus people dying from getting behind the wheel after drinking. She didnt even smoke that much, the affects of Salvia last no more than 5-10 minutes. If Salvia was THAT bad it WOULD have been banned, but it wasnt. Miley is not the only 18 yr old who does this, shes young and experiencing life, let her be.