Chris Brown -- Violent Outburst at 'GMA'

3/22/2011 5:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown exploded in rage behind the scenes at "Good Morning America" this morning ... smashing a window and storming out without a shirt ... sources tell TMZ ... and it was triggered by on-air questions about the Rihanna incident.

0322_chris_brown_EX

ABC sources tell TMZ ... Brown performed and was interviewed by Robin Roberts live from the Times Square studio when she began asking about the infamous incident.

0322_shattered_glass_TMZ2

Brown tried to redirect the questions to focus on his album -- but Roberts continued to ask about Brown's legal issues stemming from the Rihanna incident.

We're told after the interview, Brown freaked out, storming into his dressing room and screaming so loud, the people in hair and makeup became alarmed and called security.

We're told Brown was out of control, and one source present tells us he smashed a window in his dressing room, and the glass shattered and some shards fell onto 43rd and Broadway.  ABC security tells TMZ ... the window was shattered with a chair.

We're told by the time security rushed the area, Brown had ripped off his shirt and left the building, blowing off another performance he was supposed to do for the ABC website.

And sources say ... on his way out of the building, Brown confronted a segment producer, got in his face and stared him down.   People from the show got in between Chris and the producer to diffuse the situation.

Remember -- Brown is on probation for the felony beating and he's required to obey all laws.

UPDATE 6:49 AM PT:  Brown just tweeted, "I'm so over people bringing this past s**t up!!! Yet we praise Charlie sheen and other celebs for there bulls**t."

UPDATE 6:59 AM PT: Brown has already deleted the previous tweet ... and added a new one that reads, "All my fans!!! This album is for you and only you!!! I'm so tired of everyone else!! Honestly!! I love team breezy!!"

UPDATE 7:48 AM PT: Glass workers just showed up to fix Brown's handiwork.

0322_window_repair_TMZ

0322_chris_brown_footer

Robin Roberts -- Chris Approved My Rihanna Q's

Robin Roberts asked Chris Brown if she could ask him about the Rihanna incident BEFORE the live interview began on "GMA" this morning ... this according to sources connected to the production.

0322_chris_brown_GMA_EX

Sources tell TMZ ... Roberts insists both she and other "GMA" staff members spoke with Chris before the interview and asked if it would be OK to ask "a few questions" about the Rihanna incident ... and Chris approved.

As TMZ first reported, Brown flipped out after the interview -- and apparently smashed a window in his dressing room.

Robin is telling people at the show she did NOT try to set him up ... and insists, "I'm pulling for the guy."

As for the broken window, no one in the studio saw Chris throw the chair into the window ... but he was definitely in the dressing room when the window was smashed.

Sandra Bullock's Play Date with Lil' Louis!

Sandra Bullock took some time out of her busy shooting schedule in NYC to spend some time with the man in her life -- her adorable son Louis Bardo!

0322_SANDRA_welcome_launch
Bullock and her lil' man were spotted playing at a park this weekend in New York, where they're staying while Sandra films  "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" with Tom Hanks and John Goodman.

Check out all the crazy cute photos!

Katherine Heigl -- Smokin' Hot

The only thing hotter than Katherine Heigl in a black bikini ... her electronic cigarette.

Katherine Heigl Bikini
The 32-year-old former TV actress soaked her bones in the Miami sun this weekend.

Addicting.

Angelina and Brad -- Maximum Children

Much like a comet or a supermoon (whatever that is), it was a rare sighting in New Orleans yesterday when Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were spotted out with all six of their children.

0322_brad_angelina_welcome_launch
You won't see them all together like this again for another 75 years.

Miami Dolphins QB -- Making a Boob of Himself

Miami Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne should be having a stressful summer -- with his starting gig in jeopardy and that whole NFL lockout thing -- but you wouldn't know it by the way he's partying it up in the Bahamas!!

0321_chad_henne_drag_launch
Henne was snapped over the weekend at bar in Nassau, where he stuffed a couple of balloons up his shirt and partied it up with a few friends.

Let's hope this is the only artificial substance Henne is ever caught putting in his system.

Whose '80s Hair?!

Try and guess which super celebrity had some serious (and non-gender specific) '80s hair!

0107_hair_gallery_launch
Hair-larious.

Celebrity Scramble!

Can you guess whose pretty puss was given one hell of a celebrity scramblin'?!

0318_scramble_launch

Bump Watch -- Hollywood's 20 Pregnant Stars!

There's a lot of mommies-to-be out there in Hollywood this week -- and we're checking in on all their baby bumps!

0315_welcome_BUMPS_art
Natalie Portman, Selma Blair, Kate Hudson, Jewel and more -- check out all the most recent pics of the expecting stars and their growing bellies!

What's the Big Frigin' Difference?!

Stare deep into the following pics and find the discrete differences in the mysteriously different photos!

0318_difference_launch

**HINT -- There are THREE differences in the above picture!**

Jessica Gomez

I can't believe Chris Brown acted this way on Good Morning America. I can see from his interview his remorse is fake. Two years ago!!! What if that had been YOUR daughter that was beaten!! Two years seems like yesterday. He is still an immature criminal and I forbid my daughter to ever buy any of his music until he is really sorry. He should have been arrested for the vandalism...

D

Once a woman beater, always a woman beater. Men who beat women don't change. I don't care what so-called therapy they receive. As for ABC, I do not have respect for them for even having him on. I will never watch ABC again. They are done in my book.

Mike

T R A S H ! . .

sweetredone

But its ok that Charlie has done the same thing over and over again right!!!! Please!! Why does he have to control his temper beacuse u say so, I wouldnt have broke anything but u better believe she would have got cussed out!!!!! Why is it everytime we get mad and act up its crazy but when others do its ok Double standed

Robin

Good job Robin Roberts! HE kept trying to avoid the question ,that's why she kept asking..he could have said something amazing and we would have liked him today,but his true self came out...again ! What an angry man.

Derrick

Why try to give an old incident new life. Truly Robin Roberts was wrong in asking Chris Brown about the silly girl he once was acquainted with. Clearly what is the purpose of opening old wounds other than to start mess. The media would cry foul if Chris Brown did not grant an interview in the first place. I know I would not want to keep talking about past events if I was him. Clearly Robin shame on you for what you did. So much for the state of journalism when all they try to do is provoke either a fight or open old wounds on people who are trying to move forth in their life.

Lorraine

Seriously, the incident happenned two years ago. Let it go! Robyn was so mean and unrelentless. He keptt avoiding the questions and she kept bringing them up, eventhough he already answered a few. Its time for America to move on, Rihanna already has. Its just pathetic for interviewers to keep bringing up old news, when Chris wants a closure. People need to understand that he made a mistake, he reached out for help, got punished and now with Robyn is still being punished for it. He was there to promote the album, give him the opportunity to do that and forgett about Rihanna, the interview is about Chris, his new album, his life... Another thing, I sincerely believe its an exaggeration, how do we know he had a violent outburst? We were'nt there and noone saw him throw the chair. Its time, people forgive and forget. Cut Chris some slack and enjoy his music...Besides the album is good and I didn't hear anyone asking Rihaan about the incident when she was promoting "Loud". Lets be fair...Disappointed in you Robynn, very unprofessional or you are that dumb and can't take a hint...

Dave

I wonder how much one of those big ****ter proof (ha ha) windows cost? Artists get their stuff out their by doing interviews and promoting. Outbursts like that will not help Chris. Don't blame in interviewer, if you can't take the heat....I would have just told her I have moved on from that. Be f uckin tactful.

jb

another sorry rapper wanna be a gangster,nice spelling there is a difference between there and their,altho I am sure english isn't your hood language

k9hanlr

Vandalism is a violation of his probation, he needs to be arrested for that violation. If he was not the only person in the room when the window broke then you have witnesses. If he WAS the only person in the room..DUUHHH...the chair did not magically throw itself into the window. One of his home boys will take the fall so throw the book at the home boy who does admit to being the vandal that way Chris can brag about the people who will take the heat for his actions. No talent THUG.

Jeanne

I love Robin Roberts, truely BUT...I was surprised that she kept pressing the problems Chris Brown has had in the past. With that said, clearly he still has anger issues to deal with. Once again, with that said. When is it enough!!! He was there, CLEARLY to promote is new album, I felt it was second to what GMA was trying to promote.I certainly do not condone his action by any means,I do ask myself, are we,the media, some what adding to these actions? Food for thought, I'm uncertain....

Terri

Chris Brown has a bad temper and i think hes a woman beater, they should lock his a_ _ up for disrespecting the law. You don't go around and break things like that like you are above everyone else hes nuts !!!!!! He was asked before the interview about those questions, he still has issues he needs to adjust, i bet we will be hearing about him beating some other woman again that idiot.

hotseetotsee

It looks like her really benefited from Anger Management huh,
what a jerk..........he will apparently never get a handle on his anger.......so girls beware......what you see is what you get......an abuser to the bone...

rha

Cris should have brought up Robbie Robinson's BreastCancer!!! If she can get over that...why can't he be allowed to get over him and Rhihanna!!!!

Rhonda

I love the comment "he is not getting a fair shake and from women in general." If it were not such a sad and pathetic comment, I would laugh. In case you did not see the pictures, he beat the hell out of Rhianna (or whatever her name is)...and I bet it was not the first time! I do not care how many times Robin Roberts asked the same question, he had no right to act the way he did. That disgusting POS should be in jail, because he obvisouly has learned nothing.