Donald Sutherland

When the Metal Met the Pedal

6/24/2011 7:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Sutherland made the case yesterday that bicycles and cars don't co-exist well, especially in the People's Republic of Santa Monica.

0624_donald_sutherland_EX_arrow
Sutherland collided with a bicyclist in the seaside city, at around 2:45 PM.  The bicyclist suffered some sort of injury -- paramedics wrapped her arm after arriving on scene.

It's unclear who caused the crash.  One thing cops are sure of -- alcohol was not a factor.

cjs

Previously.... oh WRONG Mr. Sutherland.

Joy

I'm sorry but I actually agree with Mr. Sutherland. I live in NJ and the bicyclists here are road nazis. God forbid you get behind one here, you'd think you were trailing royalty the way they act. I'm all for cyclists' safety but that doesn't give them a right to think they own the whole freaking road.

croc

theres enough to watch out for,
let alone bikes zoomin in and out.
they should pay more attention.

electriczipper

thats one cool cat
death to bike rider everywhere

JJ

Donald is cool; in an "Odd Ball" sort of way.

Muppet

The problem I find with most cyclists is they don't follow the rules of the road! They weave in and out of traffic, ride up beside people turning right, the list goes on and on. If they want to share the roads, they should learn to follow the rules! or..the option is, get run over. *sigh*

Sienna Sacha

Sutherland is societal waste and should have been shunned by this country years ago. .. .just s***. .

stu

wearing tat hat...r we sure alcohol wasn't a factor?

Sarafina

I totally agree with Joy; and it's the same thing here in the SF Bay Area.

pap rat

If a car driver can`t not run over bikes than they should`nt be driving a car a bus a bike or a jock strap.I drive cars trucks busses motorcycles joke and ride a bike.I fear riding a bike the most because people don`t care if they hit you won`t stop and you can`t get out of thier way like a motorcycle which can outrun most anything on the roads.Riding on the sidewalk with a stop sign for protection I got run over by a 90 year which couldn`t see past thier window bend my bike all up but I just turned away and walked home thankful to be alive.But I should have taken her lic and money but I didn`t have the heart to

Kathy

This guy is a quality actor. Liked every movie I ever saw him in. Today's actors really don't measure up to his generation of acting. Today, mostly, looks surpass real talent.

pap rat

I ride a horse on the streets and if you hit her with your dam car I`ll shoot you and I was FN here first before cars were even invented

pap rat

IN FACT I~AM a LAPD officer and I ride her down the sunset strip and hollywood streets in traffic at all hours like I said if you hit her I~LL shoot you

messygirl

I agree, bikes and cars should not coexist on the road. Just not safe. Bikes want the same respect and regard as cars, yet they don't follow the same rules. They say "I deserve the respect of a car on the road!" yet they will barrel through a crosswalk to cross an intersection on a red light. No, cars aren't allowed to use crosswalks to be able to avoid red lights, so you can't either. Plus, a 20 pound bike versus a 2000 pound car...that's never going to be safe.

EarthAngel

harvo2face

Have you taken your medication today??

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments