Hollywood's HOT New Ride -- Totally Affordable!

6/29/2011 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Move over Bentley, Hollywood's got a surprising new favorite ride! We found one star who's buying the hype -- and if you do too, PLEASE don't give your car a stupid name ... like Red Sled.

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

Jj

Before I played the video, I thought "the Red Sled" was a name someone (Harvey?) gave the TMZ tour bus.

andy

David's car is an Optima, probably in the "SX" trim. The fully loaded Turbo version comes in at under $30K, gets well over 30mpg HWY, and drives and rides very well. With the 100K mile warranty, nice overall performance, and high end looks, . . . what's not to like???

KIA's rock . . .

Temy

Red Sled is a very cool name. It's "affordable" only to rich folk though.

some guy

Jesus... someone get this guy a job already. Lol.

some guy

@TMZ

Sry bout that last one. Even I didn't like it. Think I really need to stop trolling. Srsly kinda hard to stop.

Aunt Ann

I won't drive an auto that has been labeled "killed in action"

Bubbajk

With the American economy bleeding jobs and money to overseas companies, it's nice to see TMZ advocating "Buy American"

bekamarine

@Bubbajk The Kia Sorento is built in the USA and the 2012 Kia Optima will also be built in the USA. Kia’s manufacturing plant currently employs around 3000 people while additional 1000 people have been hired for the proposed additional production. :)

asdfghjkl;'

The family car that I have been passed down is actually nicknamed, "the red sled" by my Uncle. I found this article rather funny because it said not to do that ;)

Anabel

Kia is greatly underestimated. I love my koup. The camera man should def check out our forum.

We rep hardcore. Kia's are coming back, just think a few months ago everyone said Kia would go bankrupt, now they are one of the fastest growing auto companies in the US.

HarvickChick

It's random that they're showing the new Rio 5 in the picture, and that's not even out yet. They should have showin' the Koup! I love my 2010 Koup!! :)

Peggy

First of all, he might have been on a lot og canceled shows but numbers ran for years and i am sure he is making good money on the residuals. As far as the kias go, they are looking pretty great and getting good safety reviews. The thing is, the have a rep as cheap, poorly made cars and it is hard to overcome that. I looked at the SUV online but couldn't bring myself to even go to the dealer. I am very happr with my XC60...,